Libor Kozák

samjp26

It's his second full game in 2 years, I think it's fair enough to say he's very rusty and like any player coming back from a long injury he needs more time before getting up to speed and being properly judged but he ain't gonna get that on here as per usual. Saying all that he should of took one of those chances and I'd start him Tuesday night to see if he can bag a goal and get his confidence in front of goal back.

• Like 1

Doing his best Savo impression.

He's getting into the areas which is the main thing, I'm sure he'll find the net soon but agree long term he isn't the answer.

Working hard and getting chances is a step up from where we were 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 2

Based on the second half today I think we should play him and Gestede up front and play Ayew as no.10 with the license to roam.

We should just play direct and get in around the big men. We might actually score some goals and win some games. We've tried the passing game all season with limited success. It was actually exciting in the second half when we just played long ball and by-passed our sideways passing midfielders.

• Like 1

We look far better as a team with a striker of his style up front, he works the defence a lot harder that Gestede. 

However, some of those first touches would leave a pub league striker embarrassed! 

Hopefully it is just rustiness and he can get up to speed but it is easy to see where we need to improve to start getting wins. Our lack of a Premier League quality centre forward has been our biggest downfall, we simply have not replaced Benteke well enough. 

36 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Missed a couple of gilt edge chances today. Despite the bluster, very disappointing.

I really don't rate him.

At least he got the chances.  Our previous forwards werent even managing it

• Like 1

as someone said, its his second premier league game for around two years against a team which has only lost 2 games so far, that implies a pretty decent defensive capability.

Against crystal palace i thought he did well, positioning and movement was good although he might need to work a bit on the endurance as he looked a bit knackered towards the end.

sure i really would have prefered if he got that ball in, but as hes a bit rusty i'm not to bothered. Todays game is IMO not a stick to beat him with, hope he keeps up the good work.

as someone said, its his second premier league game for around two years against a team which has only lost 2 games so far, that implies a pretty decent defensive capability.

Against crystal palace i thought he did well, positioning and movement was good although he might need to work a bit on the endurance as he looked a bit knackered towards the end.

sure i really would have prefered if he got that ball in, but as hes a bit rusty i'm not to bothered. Todays game is IMO not a stick to beat him with, hope he keeps up the good work.

I don't think enough has been said about the chances he missed. I need to watch the game again, but I counted at least three where either poor technique or hesitancy cost him and of course, us.

He runs around a LOT. His movement is pretty decent. He's just not very good at all with the ball at his feet, that a problem.

I'll take him for now because we have very little choice, but I think we are absolutely desperate for a proper striker up there. We'd have won today with just an average premier league one IMO.

• Like 1

He will get a goal soon. He has already had quite a few good opportunities to score which means he is just rusty on his finishing. Reading the Huth back pass was great. Too bad his first touch him down, but the shot was decent. Regardless I think we need him in the team. 4 points in 2 games with Kozak starting whereas previously we were earning 4 points every 10 games. I don't think it's just luck or a coincidence. He is working hard and creating a lot of space for others. 

Also the fact that Gil came off before Kozak says to me that Remi is really liking what Kozak brings. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think anyone will argue with our need for a striker. 

It's shocking that we didn't get a proper one in in the summer.

It's the decision that's cost us our premier league status. 

We're awful, but a decent striker would have seen us battling the likes of Norwich to survive. 

• Like 1

Â