Libor Kozák

samjp26

The last few pages of this thread have annoyed the shit out me. Rather than have a dig why can't we just show sympathy for someone that plays for us? Its **** pathetic, half of you idiots need a long hard look at yourselves.

I've only read one post having a dig to be fair to everyone.

The last few pages of this thread have annoyed the shit out me. Rather than have a dig why can't we just show sympathy for someone that plays for us? Its **** pathetic, half of you idiots need a long hard look at yourselves.

Well said,

All the best to the big fella.

All the best to him, horrible injury for any athlete.

I truly believe though that this will have little effect on us.

Not so sure - he has a knack of scoring goals when we're playing utterly shit. Think he's just what's required right now.

Okore now Kozak, might not be in the best player, but wears his heart on his sleeve whenever he pulls on the colours of claret and blue. Seems like it was an inadvertent challenge from Clark.

Edited by Avflife
  • Like 1

It's terrible news. Regardless of what people think about Kozak's ability, he's scored a fair few goals considering he hasn't played that many games, and it's his first season! On top of that, he's an expensive signing for where we're at right now and we can ill afford to have that amount of money cast aside for so long.

Right now, I just hope that the big fella gets back to fitness ASAP and makes a full recovery.

It will have little effect on us provided Gabby, Weiman & Benteke don't miss a game between now & May (half a season) through either injury or suspension.

In addition, there was the prospect of linking Kozac & Benteke together against certain sides-That option has gone now. Also we cannot throw an additional striker on when chasing a game.

Not withstanding the additional experience Kozac would have gained that would have put him in good stead for next time around.

Its a massive loss for us.

Given our squad, I believe it is a massive loss. Granted, he probably wasn't going to start but think about this:

During that recent poor run, no player covered themselves with glory-Prior to that, Kozac came in, did better than Benteke in several games & chipped in with goals. Try not to judge him on his last 4 games only.

I can certainly think of worse scenarios (e.g. Benteke or Vlaar breaking their legs) and we do still have Helenius, Gabby, Weimann and Bowery who can play up top when Benteke isn't playing. We've got depth in that position so I don't think we need to buy a striker in January or anything.

That said, he's our joint top scorer and second choice striker. So long as Benteke stays fit for the rest of the season it shouldn't have too much effect but that doesn't change the fact that this is very bad news.

On an unrelated note, I'm amazed that there was anybody on this forum who doubted HairyHands before now. The guy has been spot on about everything over the past year and we are lucky to have him feeding us information.

Edited by Mantis

A bit of an over reaction. Guzan, vlaar and benteke would be a massive loss. This is a back up player who wasn't playing that well.

Joint top scorer. Need goals to win games. Simple as. 

At least we finally have a proper, no bullshit ITK unlike that fool MM with his  :excl: 

I was hoping HH was a bull shitter after he broke this news.

A bit of an over reaction. Guzan, vlaar and benteke would be a massive loss. This is a back up player who wasn't playing that well.

He's got 4 goals in 15 appearances, 2 of which were absolutly gifted to him. We're not talking about losing a star player here. I think we'll be OK.

He's got 4 goals in 15 appearances, 2 of which were absolutly gifted to him. We're not talking about losing a star player here. I think we'll be OK.

Not really a massive fan of Libor, but how many of those games did he start? Also how many minutes per goal does that equate to?

Â