Libor Kozák

samjp26

Ive had second thoughts on this. I actually think this could be quite a good move. big strong emerging talent, if he can weigh in with 10 goals a season gotta be worth the 4-5m paid.

Down the line - if Benteke does move on - we have a striker bedded in ready to go. OK its not that simple I know - but we won't be under pressure to bring a Benteke clone in at short notice.

Welcome Libor

• Like 1

I'm loving this signing. We needed a big and strong striker and got one.

Good times indeed.

I am just as excited as I was when we signed Benteke!

He is also a bit nasty. I know the AC Milan fans hated him after giving some of their players some real bullying.

Edited by DeepDish
  • Like 2

2. Lambert is the only man who thinks we dont need an attacking AM as our formation doesn't need it

Apart from all the VT members who've posted that very same opinion in this very thread and others just today

Yeah I was kinda being sarcastic after that, but no worries! I dont think we need an AM. Our system wouldn't suit it. We would essentially be playing 4-2-4

• Like 1

wonder if there'll be times where we try and totally bully physically smaller teams and play a front three of Helenius-Benteke-Kozak

I don't see that Kozak will just be Benteke backup - need pressure on Gabby & Weimann too, and he and Helenius should provide that.

Also with his heading ability, which is near unrivalled, we'll do a hell of a lot more from corners and direct free kicks you'd think,

I'm thinking throwing him with Benteke up front when we need a goal and the opposition are defending deep. Look at Liverpool game for that. Gabbys pace and our counter attacking is not as effective when opposition defend deep. Stick on this lad and he'll enjoy the space affored by the over marking of Benteke. Just win corners and frees and we'll do damage. 

Also with his heading ability, which is near unrivalled, we'll do a hell of a lot more from corners and direct free kicks you'd think,

I'm thinking throwing him with Benteke up front when we need a goal and the opposition are defending deep. Look at Liverpool game for that. Gabbys pace and our counter attacking is not as effective when opposition defend deep. Stick on this lad and he'll enjoy the space affored by the over marking of Benteke. Just win corners and frees and we'll do damage. 

Benteke is already a threat in the box when it comes to headers, multiplied by 2 now, can never be a bad thing.

Maybe we won't win games by scoring direct free kicks but I'll take a few cheeky 80th minute winners from headers all day.

I agree, clubs know at set pieces Benteke has to be roughed up and double marked as the referee won't ever give a penalty/free kick for it... with two in there we double our chances of getting it on our big striker

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Aston Villa sign the big bruising Lazio striker Libor Kozak. Never met a face he didn&#39;t like to plow his elbow into. Will do great</p>&mdash; Matteo Bonetti (@TheMilanGuy) <a href="

">September 2, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Aston Villa sign the big bruising Lazio striker Libor Kozak. Never met a face he didn&#39;t like to plow his elbow into. Will do great</p>&mdash; Matteo Bonetti (@TheMilanGuy) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheMilanGuy/statuses/374583489695612928">September 2, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ha. Shame Savage and Shearer aren't still playing then isn't it

Â