Libor Kozák

samjp26

I find it funny how people moan about us not signing players, then when we do sign one they moan that they're all for cheap and then when it's rumoured that we're spending a lot they moan that it's a waste. :lol:

I think everyone on here wants Kozak to do well Mantis, It just wasn't what a lot of us were expecting - We can see Lambert steadily putting a team together and we all (wrongly !) assumed we knew Lamberts next step. Got to be honest I can't see this one working out - that doesn't mean I won't get behind him, or want him to fail. The main thing is,  that as far as possible the manager gets the playetrs he wants - After all he has more to loose than any of us.  UTV

But why can't you see this one working out? Have you even seen this guy play for God's sake?

I don't mind people not being excited by a transfer but it pisses me off when people make negative judgements on players they know virtually nothing about before they've even signed for us.

Nope Id never heard of him before 9pm last night. My judgement is on what we need, and where he fits in the team. I really hope he does well - but I am expressing a very early opinion that I don't think this will work for us. 90% of this forum is discussing on how we beleive events will unfold. that includes judgements based on very little - If he comes this season and doesn't do much, some people will put that down to no pre season with us - and give him next season. At this point in time I think a serie a fringe player, will struggle to make an impact in the PL - I could be totally wrong - he could thrive from Day 1 - but thats my thoughts at this point in time

Okay so instead of just posting "it won't work" why not post your reasons as to why "it won't work"

You might just find that your opinion has a little more credibility then and people might take you seriously, otherwise it's just a BS throwaway comment with a highly negative slant

Sounds crazy but because Lambert wants him, that makes me believe he is a good player.

I know what you mean.  It will always be criticised as 'blind' faith in the man but simply knowing the amount of effort and research Lambert puts into each signing makes me sit up and wonder how good a player will be.  Particularly one bought for a relatively considerable transfer fee.

• Like 1

He must be half decent to finish top scorer in the Europa League/UEFA Cup. I know its hardly the most prestigious competition in the World, but the top scorers in previous years read..

Falcao, Falcao, Claudio Pizzaro, Oscar Cardozo, Vagner Love, Luca Toni. As people have already mentioned, he wasn't beating up on bad teams either, a chunk of his goals coming against Bundesliga sides.

I find it very strange that Sky aren't reporting anything about Kozak, they just went to Sky Italia and went through potential deals from Serie A, no mention of us or Kozak.

:)

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/8902955/transfer-deadline-day-libor-kozak-could-be-set-for-a-move-to-aston-villa?utm_source=astonvillacentral&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=villawire

Sounds crazy but because Lambert wants him, that makes me believe he is a good player.

I know what you mean. It will always be criticised as 'blind' faith in the man but simply knowing the amount of effort and research Lambert puts into each signing makes me sit up and wonder how good a player will be. Particularly one bought for a relatively considerable transfer fee.

Exactly that. It could be called blind faith, but to me PL has shown his worth in the transfer market and that alone makes me believe in his choices.

We looked poor without Benteke last season (thinking Wigan, with nothing to lose) so this does make sense.

we also looked incredibly poor WITH Benteke at times last season. what's the point ?

are you saying Lambert only knows one way to play?, if so we're well and truly ****

I'm not sure if this really needs pointing out, but, Lambert has demonstrated that he has more than one way to play.  However, our preferred way to play doesn't currently have a sufficient substitute for Benteke, meaning any absence requires a change of system.  Clearly not ideal.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this really needs pointing out, but, Lambert has demonstrated that he has more than one way to play. However, our preferred way to play doesn't currently have a sufficient substitute for Benteke, meaning any absence requires a change of system. Clearly not ideal.

completely agree. Helenius isnt built for benteke's position and therefore we dont have a plan if benteke is hurt or needs a rest. Good call by lambert

I'm not sure if this really needs pointing out, but, Lambert has demonstrated that he has more than one way to play.  However, our preferred way to play doesn't currently have a sufficient substitute for Benteke, meaning any absence requires a change of system.  Clearly not ideal.

Clearly it does need pointing out BOF. It would be nice to know that when Benteke is out, with a knock, for elbowing somebody in the face or god forbid with a longer term injury that we have the option to play the same system. Right now, that isn't possible. Never seen this dude play but I like the stats and I like what I hear regarding his physical presence.

Get it done.  

I'm not sure if this really needs pointing out, but, Lambert has demonstrated that he has more than one way to play. However, our preferred way to play doesn't currently have a sufficient substitute for Benteke, meaning any absence requires a change of system. Clearly not ideal.

completely agree. Helenius isnt built for benteke's position and therefore we dont have a plan if benteke is hurt or needs a rest. Good call by lambert

Not at £7m it isn't! We aren't in a position to spend £7m on understudies. Especially when there are other areas of the squad that need more urgent attention.

• Like 1

Not at £7m it isn't! We aren't in a position to spend £7m on understudies. Especially when there are other areas of the squad that need more urgent attention.

Urgent attention according to whom? 

• Like 2

Urgent attention according to whom? 

According to experts who watch Euro football, watch you-tube, read wiki and play football manager.

• Like 2

Â