Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

daggy_333

Hopefully keep a clean sheet for once...

Steer

Lowton-Okore-Vlaar-Luna

Gardner-Sylla-Bacuna

Tonev - Weimann - Helenious

I'd have Andi and Helenious swapping throughout. Now I know Andi probably needs a rest more than everyone, but I think his confidence needs uplifting by scoring and he could do that here. Plus it's then international break so may not start for them

Edited by mikeyp102

The very first match I remember seeing at VP was Villa v Rotherham in the League Cup final in 1961. Rotherham were 2-0 up after the first leg. It was 2-0 to Villa at 90 minutes in the 2nd leg and Packy McParland scored the winner in extra time.

So there is a bit of history to live up to here.

• Like 1

Had a look on the online seat thingy and there are loads of seats avaliable still. Might have to adjust my 25,200 prediction to more like 15,200!

my thoughts exactly , could be an embarrassingly  low turn out , even worse when you consider 2 and a half weeks until the next game , would guess at less than 20k

keeper.png
Steer
home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Okore
home.png
Baker
home.png
Bennett
home.png
Sylla
home.png
KEA
home.png
Gardner
home.png
Tonev
home.png
Helenius
home.png
Weimann
For me we need to be playing Bacuna in midfield whenever we do use him. That's his primary position and it's the one he needs most practice at. IMV his pre-season spent at RB is one of the reasons he looked so out of place against Liverpool. He suffered at Groningen by being bounced from pillar to post and if we're going to get the best out of him we need to start putting him in his preferred position.
  • Like 1

I'd like to see a couple of the new boys given a chance in this one.

Guzan

Herd Okore Clark Bennett

Sylla KEA Bacuna

Tonev Helenius Gabby

Have the likes of Benteke on the bench incase it's tight, eg bring him on if we are only a goal ahead after an hour. Also give G Gardner a 30 min run out, doubt Sylla would last 90 mins anyway as not match fit.