Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

daggy_333

Really not sure whether to go to this. Can't get excited about it.

Chance to see some of the new boys score a shed load of goals.  Cheap deals in the ground. Villa Park always looks amazing in the lights. Payback after the last time  a league two side from Yorkshire came to Villa Park. The fact its the repeat of the first ever League Cup final. The fact that this used to be our cup. That it will be our year for the cup, so get your booking history in.

• Like 1

I think it could be a run out for those who haven't started a game yet, I agree with those of the opinion it'd be good to see Weimann start to get off the mark but maybe the rest may do him good if he doesn't.

Potentially? (Not quite sure on everyone who is on loan)

keeper.png
Steer
home.png
Herd
home.png
Donacien
home.png
Clark/Baker
home.png
Bennett
home.png
Gardner
home.png
Tonev
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Albrighton
home.png
Helenius
home.png
Bowery

With Weimann, Westwood etc on the bench.

Edited by 8pints

I agree. The last thing Lambert silk want at this point in the season is more egg on the face.

Maybe the big fella will start on the bench but it will be a strong team.

definitely think he should give the new boys who aint really featured yet a proper run out, id leave weimann and benteke out completely to give them a break as I thought weimann looked like he needed it against Liverpool, by no means put a weak team out but id rest a few players and let tonev and helenius get some action, really cant decide wether im goin to this or not,but come the day I will probably want to, just don't fancy getting in at gone 11 for a nothing midweek game, crowd of 25k is expected, blues would struggle to get that even in the premier league, bet Rotherham will be bringing around 4k though

i'd like to see gardner, tonev and helenius starting, give bacuna another run out but from right back maybe too. we have a good long break after this match anyway so rest shouldn't be too much of an issue as long as there's no-one at risk of a muscular injury that played in the last 3.

Really not sure whether to go to this. Can't get excited about it.

Other than this our next home match isn't until the 14th September - I'm hoping that'll help boost the attendance. With Liverpool tickets having pretty much sold out, for some people this will be their only opportunity to get to a game until then.

I'd still keep a strong defence, just to not risk shipping goals, but we can probably experiment a bit more in the attack. Give Tonev/Helenius a start and keep the usual starters on the bench just in case.

I'm on holiday for the newcastle game and my first away game this season won't be until hull or west ham so if I don't go to this game it will be weeks before I see the lads in action, I think I better get my arse to this one

Think Andi should start. Could do with getting off the mark for the season.

He could use a goal, but he has a very high work rate and after games against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in quick succession he might be better off with a break. There is no point playing tired players in this one for me. 

Anyway, plenty of games left for him to get off the mark yet! 

we've got a long spell after this game before our next match haven't we? Lambert will want to get some of those players match fit I think. I can see Wiemann starting to get a goal - there's a good old pause after this

steer

herd okore and baker ( if fit ) bennett

sylla gardner bacuna

albrighton helenius

wiemann. 

Please rest Tekkers.

The end.

I'd tend to agree although there are 3 weeks between this and our next game so they'll all get ample rest regardless (Belgium games notwithstanding of course).

Please rest Tekkers.

The end.

I'd tend to agree although there are 3 weeks between this and our next game so they'll all get ample rest regardless (Belgium games notwithstanding of course).

If Benteke got injured against Rotherham id be so angry its untrue. But that aside, I think its an opportunity to try out Helenius in that role - and use Tonev and Bcuna perhaps as a front three. Id also play Okore as he will still be slightly short on match fitness.

A comfortable win at home (and dare I say a clean sheet) would hopefully give us a bit of confidence ahead of the International break - in preparation for Newcastle. Although we know we cant take any of that for granted.

Hope to see lots of changes for this one. I'd go:

Steer

Herd Clark Baker Bennett

Sylla Bacuna Gardner

Helenius Bowery Tonev

If Grealish could get a run-out in the second half that would be great too.

Edited by Isa

we've got a long spell after this game before our next match haven't we? Lambert will want to get some of those players match fit I think. I can see Wiemann starting to get a goal - there's a good old pause after this

There is a long rest, although some players will have internationals. But nonetheless, if they are knackered they're not going to perform well, and that could give us a nasty embarrassment. I'd rather put a few of the new boys in if they're a bit fresher.