New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

So you would be happy if we had to sell Benteke with the loss of this extra revenue just to get a Addidas or Nike to make our kits when there is nothing wrong with the kits we have been getting of macron.

As I said I do not for one minute believe Macron are giving us a shed load of money. I believe we went with them because they're cheap. I believe Nike gave us the boot because they didn't want to be associated with a club in decline. They want to be associated with clubs at the top but with Lerner actively downgrading the club over the last 4 years who could blame them?

Irrespective of that Villa should be playing in a classy kit, not a kit from a trashy manufacturer who are known from creating kits for non league clubs on the cheap. I'm just surprised so many fans have fallen for it. Then again it took till just last season for most of them to realise the "young and hungry" stunt was a lie and the club was actively being downgraded by Randy Lerner.

But its so subjective. This guy is losing the plot because he thinks the kit looks cheap & nasty. Most rational minded people can see that while its not the best of kits it does an ok job and looks perfectly fine.

• Like 1

I don't know why people assume Macron's kits are not made well, look at the details they add that are relevant only to Villa. You would never get that with Adidas or Nike. Anybody would think we were in Primary School still.

I get the impression that some of the people who have hated the Macron kits would probably like them (or at least wouldn't mind them) had everything stayed exactly the same except if the Macron logo was replaced by the Nike one.

• Like 3

A shirt not fit for the historic and mighty Aston villa, we are this we are that etc etc.

There is only one other club I know where complaining that a shirt is ruining the soul and heritage of the club, and that'd Liverpool.

And I hate Liverpool.

Another atrocious effort from Macron. Cheap and nasty, something fit for a lower league, even non league club, not a club as great and grand as Aston Villa FC.

Shame on you, Lerner.

A bit of an overreaction if I must say so. Tbf I prefer it to the boring Nike templates and at least we get it on time. Plus they must've offered the most money which is good for villa.
Nail on the head

I think some fans would rather us do what the baggies do and pay Adidas to make our kits just so we can have those stripes, or like QPR do and have kits that look like they're from the JJB Sunday league range but they have that tick on them

Macron pay the bills, put some effort in with the design and release the kits on time

It is what it is, you might not like the shirt but this lesser brand bollocks has got to stop because it's not true

I want to see my team play in a kit fit to represent a club as great as Aston Villa FC. I don't want to see us play in a kit you'd expect a non league team wear. Money isn't everything you know, we're a great club and we should have a smart classy kit to go with it. These things should be something you'd expect us to bet right by default, but no they even managed to balls that up and hence with have an embarrassingly cheap and nasty looking kit by easily the worst kit manufacturer out there.

It's just another example of Lerner's 'couldn't give a flying f#ck' attitude to Aston Villa FC.

That's utter bollocks

For a start just because you don't like the kit doesn't mean it's being ballsed up, I not even sure what a smart classy kit means, if they did the same simple c&b design every year you'd moan about that too, worst manufacturer out there? Not even close to the monstrosities warrior is giving Liverpool, money is everything, it's unfortunate, I'd like us to go back to acorns for a start, but with the way football is now we need to generate as much revenue as possible, you probably hate him too but Faulkner (not randy...) has a got us a great deal with macron

And another example of lerners attitude to us? Yeah he should have stuck with Nike and their November kit launches...

Fwiw I don't even think it's a particularly nice shirt! It's not as good as last years but I'll take the option of simply not buying it if I don't like it, I won't take it as a personal insult

So you would be happy if we had to sell Benteke with the loss of this extra revenue just to get a Addidas or Nike to make our kits when there is nothing wrong with the kits we have been getting of macron.

As I said I do not for one minute believe Macron are giving us a shed load of money. I believe we went with them because they're cheap. I believe Nike gave us the boot because they didn't want to be associated with a club in decline. They want to be associated with clubs at the top but with Lerner actively downgrading the club over the last 4 years who could blame them?

Irrespective of that Villa should be playing in a classy kit, not a kit from a trashy manufacturer who are known from creating kits for non league clubs on the cheap. I'm just surprised so many fans have fallen for it. Then again it took till just last season for most of them to realise the "young and hungry" stunt was a lie and the club was actively being downgraded by Randy Lerner.

So there are plenty of nike and addidas kits in non league football too does that make them trashy too. Whether you want to believe it or not Macron offrred us more to make our kits than any other manufacturer, and they have done a decent job. This years kit is a bit of a miss in my eyes but the last 2 were some of the nicest for years.

Quite like the shirt but can't decide whether to go for short or long sleeves. Not getting a name on the back because knowing our financial situation players will be gone sooner rather than later..

I'm considering this as well, because I seem to curse players with bad form/injury when I get their names on the back of my shirt.

2010/11 - Agbonlahor: poor season plagued by injuries

2011/12 - Bent: out injured from February onwards

2012/13 - Vlaar: spent a lot of time injured

2013/14 - Benteke: don't even need to elaborate on this

The only issues I have with Macron kits are:

- The crap logo on the shoulders

- The material looks and feels cheap in comparison to the Nike kits

- The claret colour always looks a little too light and purple, I swear the Nike claret was a bit darker and had more red in it and I really liked that colour

But Macron have treated us better than Nike did, supposedly give us more money (which is the most important thing) and to be fair to them, this year's kit is a really nice design. I don't even mind the collar that much. They've done well enough this year I think.

• Like 1

My favourite Villa shirt of all time is this:

extra_football_shirt_5938_1.jpg

Imagine if something similar to that was announced now? The board would melt down! 

End of the day, the shirt is claret and blue and that's all that really matters. Anything else is just moaning for the sake of it. 

Quite like the shirt but can't decide whether to go for short or long sleeves. Not getting a name on the back because knowing our financial situation players will be gone sooner rather than later..

I'm considering this as well, because I seem to curse players with bad form/injury when I get their names on the back of my shirt.

2010/11 - Agbonlahor: poor season plagued by injuries

2011/12 - Bent: out injured from February onwards

2012/13 - Vlaar: spent a lot of time injured

2013/14 - Benteke: don't even need to elaborate on this

I've only ever had 3 names on my shirts.

Earl Barratt

Savo Milosovic

Juan Pablo Angel

(Not sure if spelling is correct)

Either way, they left that season