First PL league Manager to be axed ?

smetrov

Rodgers....big mouth, will be found out for what he is, Championship Manager.

Yeah he did really bad with Swansea after they got promoted. He also has one of the toughest jobs in football so yes he could be sacked but not cause he's an awful manager. (I'm not a fan of him particularly, he's probably egotistical and rigid, but his record isn't bad)

Edit: I realize that first line didn't come off as sarcastic as I meant it

What is tough about inheriting better players than those at Swansea, having a bigger budget than Swansea? Frankly, it is a dream job. He should have done better than Dalglish, but he didn't. If he can't do it better this year, he is out.

You say bigger budget and players than Swansea and that's true. But people expect him to get top 4 with a budget that doesn't really compete with the top clubs, so it's very hard because he's expected to do betterthan their financial stature. Is it tougher to finish 8-13th with Swansea or 4th with Liverpool? At this point it's the latter

On Rodgers I'm sure when he was hired there was a lot of talk and articles about how he would be given 3 seasons to take Liverpool back into the Champions League so I would be surprised if they sacked him this season as it's only his 2nd year. Think they are also pretty much nailed on for 6th this year if Suarez stays. I can't see Everton being as good as they were last year whether Baines + Fellaini stay or not and I don't think anybody who was 8th-12th has improved enough to take a shot at 6th yet.

End of next season will be interesting for Liverpool though because they won't finish in the top 4 then either.

Has to be Hughes. That squad is so suited to play to Tony Pulis' tactics. He'll try to play a different way and they will be awful. They will go down and a big club will swoop for Shawcross. 

It's your typical Sam Allardyce problem. No matter how well you do the fans will eventually get fed up of staying up comfortably every year and demand prettier football. Then they go down. See Bolton and Blackburn. 

• Like 1

Er... only Rodgers did do a better job than Dalglish.

Dalglish - 8th with 52 points

Rodgers - 7th with 61 points

Liverpool aren't interested in winning the League Cup they want CL football which is why Dalglish lost his job.

So Rodgers did better than Dalgish by one place and 9 points without having the sort of money that Dalglish splashed on the likes of Carroll. 

Dalglish lost Torres and bought Carroll and Suarez. If Rodgers wants that kind of money, he can sell Suarez and buy replacements. Rodgers has had plenty of money, and more is going to be spent.

Has to be Hughes. That squad is so suited to play to Tony Pulis' tactics. He'll try to play a different way and they will be awful. They will go down and a big club will swoop for Shawcross. 

It's your typical Sam Allardyce problem. No matter how well you do the fans will eventually get fed up of staying up comfortably every year and demand prettier football. Then they go down. See Bolton and Blackburn. 

I assume you never saw Mark Hughes Blackburn. they were similar to stoke except had a bit of flair in attack

Edited by Zatman

and Charlton

and Charlton

And, more directly, Newcastle?

Reckon Martinez might struggle especially if they lose Fellaini and Baines, can see Everton doing a Villa after mon walked out on us which is a shame cus i like Everton

Surprised few people have mentioned Martinez. I think he will be the first to go. Everton will struggle regardless. They were over achieving with Moyes. A lot of their players are past it. 

• 1 month later...

Er... only Rodgers did do a better job than Dalglish.

Dalglish - 8th with 52 points

Rodgers - 7th with 61 points

Liverpool aren't interested in winning the League Cup they want CL football which is why Dalglish lost his job.

So Rodgers did better than Dalgish by one place and 9 points without having the sort of money that Dalglish splashed on the likes of Carroll. 

Dalglish lost Torres and bought Carroll and Suarez. If Rodgers wants that kind of money, he can sell Suarez and buy replacements. Rodgers has had plenty of money, and more is going to be spent.

Only just seen this, I don't understand your point at all.

The simple fact is Rodgers has done a better job than Dalglish.

Â