First PL league Manager to be axed ?

smetrov

Er... only Rodgers did do a better job than Dalglish.

Dalglish - 8th with 52 points

Rodgers - 7th with 61 points

Liverpool aren't interested in winning the League Cup they want CL football which is why Dalglish lost his job.

So Rodgers did better than Dalgish by one place and 9 points without having the sort of money that Dalglish splashed on the likes of Carroll. 

Dalglish lost Torres and bought Carroll and Suarez. If Rodgers wants that kind of money, he can sell Suarez and buy replacements. Rodgers has had plenty of money, and more is going to be spent.

Only just seen this, I don't understand your point at all.

The simple fact is Rodgers has done a better job than Dalglish.

My point is that Dalglish sold a player for a lot of money, and replaced him with players for lot of money. Rogers has actually spent a lot of money himself, so he has got no excuse for just doing marginally better than Dalglish in the league. Generally IMO Rodgers did not do a better job than Dalglish if you compare those two seasons. Cup winners, 8th place and qualification to Europe is way better than just a 7th place.

For me Dalglish took over a team in decline, and I believe he would have done a better job than Rogers if he had stayed.

Rodgers is a bit of a managerial charlatan but he has done a better job than Dalglish. Dalglish is a dinosaur in football terms with his signings (nearly 75 million for Carroll, Downing and Henderson) tactics, and his part in the Suarez/Evra case should have got him sacked if he wasnt a club legend.

you can see an improvement in Liverpool under Rodgers not as great as some people will make out but they are a lot closer to Champions LEague than when Dalglish was at club

This isn't exactly PL but Derby fired Nigel Clough which is surprising but somewhat understandable...but now they are hiring...*drumroll* Steve McClaren!

What the hell are they smoking in Derby? He's been clueless in everywhere else than Twente on his first time around.

he is former Derby coach and was coach there before he got the United job, He is working at QPR and no coincidence they have a great defensive record at moment

He might be a good coach or assistant manager but he's been shite in most of the manager jobs he's gotten.

he won the Dutch league with a team that isnt Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord, won Boro their only ever trophy and got them to a UEFA cup final and managed his country(unsuccessfully though got the job over MON ;) ).

He really isnt as bad as people make out

• Like 1

Jol 1/2 on SkyBet to be the next PL manager to go. Is he really in danger of losing his job or is it just baseless speculation on the back of recent results/new ownership?

Nice to see Lambert at 100/1 though. Far cry from 9 months ago.

Jol 1/2 on SkyBet to be the next PL manager to go. Is he really in danger of losing his job or is it just baseless speculation on the back of recent results/new ownership?

Nice to see Lambert at 100/1 though. Far cry from 9 months ago.

Before the loss to Cardiff, Chris Kamara said he was talking to some fairly influential people around Craven Cottage who were saying that Jol is indeed under a lot of pressure. That can only be worse now after the loss, so yes it does appear to be much more than baseless speculation.

he won the Dutch league with a team that isnt Ajax, PSV or Feyenoord, won Boro their only ever trophy and got them to a UEFA cup final and managed his country(unsuccessfully though got the job over MON ;) ).

I agree mate, not nearly as bad a manager as soom make out. But lets forget about his actual record and concentrate on the fact he put a brolly up when it was pissing down.

I'm not suggesting for one second id like him as a manager at VP, but I do think he doesn't get the credit he maybe deserves.

He seems to be either very hot or very cold. No middle ground with him. I hope he does well because I like Derby County. It was a damn shame Clough couldn't progress them.

I agree mate, not nearly as bad a manager as soom make out. But lets forget about his actual record and concentrate on the fact he put a brolly up when it was pissing down.

I'm not suggesting for one second id like him as a manager at VP, but I do think he doesn't get the credit he maybe deserves.

No, he is that bad.

Granted he's had some success and fair play to him for that but you cannot be involved in such things as holding a brolly at the side of the pitch whilst managing England to one of their most humiliating nights and, speaking English with a Dutch accent during an interview.

He and Joey Barton took the term moronic to new levels with that shit, you don't even know where to start in criticising it.......

No, he is that bad.

Granted he's had some success and fair play to him for that but you cannot be involved in such things as holding a brolly at the side of the pitch whilst managing England to one of their most humiliating nights and, speaking English with a Dutch accent during an interview.

He and Joey Barton took the term moronic to new levels with that shit, you don't even know where to start in criticising it.......

I was under the impression Barton was being humorous when he did his interview with an accent... 

• 1 month later...

Neither of those things have anything to do with his managing ability though. At club level, he has proven to be extremely successful. Don't take away those achievements because of bollocks such as the bolded.

• Like 1

Surely Hughton has got to be under serious pressure now? Bottom 3, out of the league cup and are playing Manchester City today. Not forgetting they spent big in the summer aswell.

The result wont have done him any favours :)

Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Norwich look nailed on as it stands.

Surely Hughton has got to be under serious pressure now? Bottom 3, out of the league cup and are playing Manchester City today. Not forgetting they spent big in the summer aswell.

The result wont have done him any favours :)

Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Norwich look nailed on as it stands.

I think Norwich will improve, I think Fulham will get worse.

Â