First PL league Manager to be axed ?

smetrov

tipped Norwich a while ago to go down, never rated their signings. He has signed BEcchio, Van Wolfswinkel and Hooper since January for a decent amount of money and think all 3 have had about 5 touches between them for Norwich, they are ineffectual players.

Where is that Wiz guy im sure he said Hughton was better than Lambert at the time and how great McNasty was  :D

• Like 1

Hughton isn't a very good tactician or man-manager.

I think he's widely regarded as one of the nicest men in football and I can't imagine him having any man management issues.

It may be the case that he is but being nice doesn't necessarily make you an effective manager in either football coaching or the broader commercial arena. Being too nice as a manager can often mean people take advantage of that good nature. The best managers know sometimes they have to stop being nice and to hand out a kicking but they know when, how and why they should do it.

I don't bother looking for it, but I have said several times that Chris Hughton is the typical mediocre manager. No new ideas, no tricks up his sleeve and no chance of being a great manager in the end. Norwich-fans believed he was the greater than Lambert when he came in and actually did better than Lambo in his first year, but it was only a matter of time before that team started to do poorly. However, there is not much between Lambert and Hughton, none of them have any achievements to brag about and both are managing poor teams in the middle/bottom of the league.

Martin Jol is a candidate to get sacked pretty soon, same with Hughton. Don't know about Mark Hughes, he only started in his job a few months ago and it would be strange if he got the sack after 10 games. I always feel Alan Pardew is in danger, but they are 9th with 14 points and he is safe as long as he continues this haul. Newcastle have the best talent when you disregard the top teams as well as Everton, not many teams can rely on players like Ben Arfa and Cabaye after all. As for Pardew as a manager - I think he is pretty poor. Steve Bruce is doing a very decent job at measly Hull, as long as they don't relegate he is completely safe. Sam Allardyce has taken West Ham to become the most boring outfit in the league, but I don't see him getting sacked just yet.

The only ones in the danger-zone are for me Martin Jol, Chris Hughton, Mark Hughes and sadly, Paul Lambert. In that order perhaps as well. I don't think Lambert will be fired, but if we continue on a spell with incredibly lackluster attacking football and if results start to go against us he deserves the can. Last season was atrocious, and sadly we are not far from being in the same mud this season. People talk about our difficult start, but we are 10 games in now and we have to play every team twice. We had Liverpool, Everton, Spurs and Man City at home, lots of teams have played against tough opposition as well so it's not an excuse. No shame in losing to these guys, but we have been incredibly poor against the other teams in the league. The inability to create momentum against Newcastle and Hull etc is something that needs to be rectified soon. Lambert has lots of time still, but in the worst case scenario of us being 15-17th around January he has failed to take us forward and that might just instill the need of new energy. Sometimes the manager just don't fit at a certain club, it will be interesting to see what happens in the next months. First thing would be to beat Cardiff convincingly - they now have a win and two clean sheets in a row, that might just be perfect for us because clubs like that don't ever keep that trend. It would be sweet for all parts of this club if we smashed them 4-0 and got a cushion from the relegation zone.

Hughton isn't a very good tactician or man-manager.

I think he's widely regarded as one of the nicest men in football and I can't imagine him having any man management issues.

Being nice isn't the same as being a good man-manager. In fact being their friend can be detrimental because the fear to perform for a manager is vital. If you lose the fear/respect you can lose performance. See Fergie as the outstanding example.
  • Like 1

Ridiculous the amount of flak Hughton has received imo, this is Norwich we're talking about, a team in league one not so long ago.

As long as they stay up every season in the prem that's success even if they spend a bit.

I don't understand how their past success affects the fact that with their spending level they should not be in a relegation scrap, and also they play incredibly negative football to go along with that.

Because it's quite simply Norwich.

Do you not think most teams in the league look at Norwich at the start of season and think righto Norwich a team we'll be beating at home and nicking a point at Carrow road. That makes it difficult for them to get much above 40 points.

Should they really be finishing above the likes of Newcastle, Fulham and West Ham. I don't see it. All three have spend a fair amount on their squads themselves.

Norwich are doing fine staying up every season, it's unfair to sack him just because they're not top 10 or whatever.

I have heard that Hughtom is a good coach rather than a good manager. If he keeps them up he is doing a decent job. Ditta Jol. Getting loads of stick but you have to say that Fulham are long overdue a relegation from the prem. If Fulham went down, about half of their support/people who happen to live in west london, would stop going to Craven Cottage. They would be getting 15,000 at best in the championship. Probably a dozen clubs bigger than them outside the top flight at least. I hope Hughes goes at Stoke. Great player but such a miserable git as a manager. Does he ever smile? Football is supposed to be entertainment.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Pulis meant to be getting Palace job, could be a good appointment for them

He was rumoured to want £2million to take the job, plus bonuses for keeping them up, ir will be a miracle if he does keep them up though

Pulis meant to be getting Palace job, could be a good appointment for them

He was rumoured to want £2million to take the job, plus bonuses for keeping them up, ir will be a miracle if he does keep them up though

If he keeps them up he should get a 30 million pound bonus, it's that tough a job.

• 2 weeks later...
Â