First PL league Manager to be axed ?

smetrov

Di Canio and Hughes... Pardew may walk... Arsenal will make 2 panic buys on transfer deadline day, be under pressure but ultimately not sack Wenger, but won't offer him a new contract.

Hopefully irrelevant of form, the newly promoted teams won't sack their managers.

I'll go for Jol or Pardew, although Pardew might walk (and indeed Laudrup might be nicked first too), so being 'axed' is a fairly specific form of leaving a club. All the rest seem fairly safe to me by virtue of being new to their job (6), being promoted (3) or having a stable positive relationship with their club (8).

Going for the obvious, Pardew. With Newcastle not improving under poor choice of new manager. I think the real problem up there is Mike Ashley.

Another question is, although not PL related, HOW MANY managers will blackburn have this season?

I was going to start on how Bowyer actually knows what he's doing etc, but that's not even the point. Venky's have managed to turn Rovers into the laughingstock of English football. First with laughable decisioin and refusal to sack an awful manager, and now cause they sack too many manager. If they sack Bowyer, god that'd be awful.

As for first prem manager, I'm going to go with Pochettino or Bruce. Because I don't like either of them and also because, at least for Pochettino, they sacked Adkins when they were doing pretty good and Pochettino didn't improve their points average. If they get off to a bad start can you really see the owner keeping him?

I think Laudrup will be fine. They'll do well in Europe, but if it starts to affect their league position I think he's smart enough to sacrifice Europa. 

That's a strategy that can backfire bigtime - just ask Martin O'Neill. 

Going for the obvious, Pardew. With Newcastle not improving under poor choice of new manager. I think the real problem up there is Mike Ashley.

Another question is, although not PL related, HOW MANY managers will blackburn have this season?

I was going to start on how Bowyer actually knows what he's doing etc, but that's not even the point. Venky's have managed to turn Rovers into the laughingstock of English football. First with laughable decisioin and refusal to sack an awful manager, and now cause they sack too many manager. If they sack Bowyer, god that'd be awful.

As for first prem manager, I'm going to go with Pochettino or Bruce. Because I don't like either of them and also because, at least for Pochettino, they sacked Adkins when they were doing pretty good and Pochettino didn't improve their points average. If they get off to a bad start can you really see the owner keeping him?

Chicken-stock-HERO-4435c2ef-c651-494c-97

• Like 2

Di Canio. He was brought in as a short term effect to steer them from relegation. I don't think he was ever a long term solution. Can't see the players continuing to play with the desire that rescued them last year, he'll inevitably fall out with some players and probably the chairman, and as soon as results are poor (which I think they will be as they are simply a very average team) he'll be gone.

He did well at Fulham and Blackburn, maybe smaller teams suit his style.. So who knows, but their squad it poor.

Doesn't he want to change their style as well? We know better than most that that can often have negative short term consequences.

Edited by Mantis

Â