Manchester United

BOF

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Glad this scumbag has been arrested

The Metropolitan Police Events Twitter account retweeted a picture of a man wearing a Manchester United shirt that had the number 97 on the back and the words “Not Enough”.

The toe rag that printed that on the back of the shirt should also be named and shamed.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

The toe rag that printed that on the back of the shirt should also be named and shamed.

To be fair, the person printing it may not have had any idea what it meant, If I saw someone walking down the road in a Utd shirt with that on the back and no context I doubt if I'd have immediately got its meaning.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

To be fair, the person printing it may not have had any idea what it meant, If I saw someone walking down the road in a Utd shirt with that on the back and no context I doubt if I'd have immediately got its meaning.

I still don't. And I don't need it explained - I can gather it's in extremely poor taste, and that's all I want to know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

Come on, you weren't born yesterday. Anyway, it turns out the guy who was wearing it is some far-rightist, so I think we can dispense with the idea that it might have been an accident. 

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Come on, you weren't born yesterday. Anyway, it turns out the guy who was wearing it is some far-rightist, so I think we can dispense with the idea that it might have been an accident. 

What because I see the words "97 NOT ENOUGH" and I don't immediately clock that it is related to Hillsborough means I was born yesterday? 

I see plenty of shirts down the Villa with random things printed on the back of them, if I would have stopped and thought about it for long enough then yeah I probably would have figured it out but I'm pretty sure I would have seen it, read it and barely registered it.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

What because I see the words "97 NOT ENOUGH" and I don't immediately clock that it is related to Hillsborough means I was born yesterday? 

I see plenty of shirts down the Villa with random things printed on the back of them, if I would have stopped and thought about it for long enough then yeah I probably would have figured it out but I'm pretty sure I would have seen it, read it and barely registered it.

I'd have assumed it was to do with a treble they won in 97 and they wanted another. No idea if they even won a treble then.

I didn't even know it was 97 that died as it has always been 96 as far as I recalled, but I'd have definitely asked if it was my printing office... and refused once i knew the reason. 

The guy wearing it should rightly be arrested under public order offences to avoid causing a riot anyway

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

In fairness I wouldn't have copped it straightaway. I only just found out as well was 97 not 96 that were killed as Liverpool used commemorate tge 96

21 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd have assumed it was to do with a treble they won in 97 and they wanted another. No idea if they even won a treble then.

I didn't even know it was 97 that died as it has always been 96 as far as I recalled, but I'd have definitely asked if it was my printing office... and refused once i knew the reason. 

The guy wearing it should rightly be arrested under public order offences to avoid causing a riot anyway

It wouldn’t be an unreasonable thought, but as per your uncertainty they won the treble in ‘99. 

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Think a guy was in vegetative state for many years after getting crushed and passed away sometime in last year so it did go to 97 although it was something easy to miss as the chant always went "Justice for the 96."

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Like I said, glory hunter going above and beyond to show everyone just how die hard utd he is

Weird breed

That's now what this is; it doesn't have anything to do with United (other than that he presumably supports them because they're Liverpool's rivals). It doesn't even really have anything to do with football.

The guy is a Britain First activist who was previously accused of assaulting a security guard at a hotel housing asylum seekers. This is far-right politics, in which milieu it's no surprise that he wants to show the extent of his hatred for Scousers. He's not trying to look like a 'better fan', he's staging a far-right provocation. 

I have seen it mentioned/speculated/put forward in a devil’s advocate kinda way that in the 2018/19 season, Liverpool finished second with 97 points, one behind City’s 98 points total. Hence 97 was “not enough”.

Now, I am of the belief that it very likely wasn’t referencing the 18/19 season. This guy does appear to have a record of being a word removed, so I am inclined to think he is referring to the Hillsborough tragedy.

I just thought the alternative, less ***tish explanation, however likely or unlikely it is, probably deserves a mention.

[standard disclaimers about this just being an accusation apply] but it seems Antony has been accused of domestic violence by his former partner:

DJ and influencer accuses Man Utd player of ‘domestic violence, threat and bodily injury’

'Man Utd winger Antony has been accused of ‘domestic violence, threat and bodily injury’ by a DJ and digital influencer in Brazil.'

[...]

'It is alleged that the Man Utd player ‘attacked’ her on May 20 ‘when Antony was in England’ but Cavallin ‘did not clarify whether the alleged aggression was committed in Manchester or in Brazil’.

The report adds that Cavallin ‘requested an urgent protective measure and had a forensic examination requested’ with her police report containing allegations that she ‘suffered previous attacks and attached photos of abrasions and threatening messages’.

It is pointed out in Globo Esporte that Man Utd winger Antony and Cavallin were involved in a relationship last year with the DJ revealing on her social media in June 2022 that she had suffered a miscarriage after expecting her first child with the footballer.'

more on link: https://www.football365.com/news/man-utd-player-accused-domestic-violence-threat-bodily-injury-influencer

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

They are giving De Gea a new deal

It’s a weird one because in general terms he’s a very good goalkeeper, but he does seem to make more howlers than other top level keepers.

Probably good news for us as I’d have thought Martinez would be their number 1 target if DdG left.

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

They are giving De Gea a new deal

They have a great opportunity to rid themselves of an overpaid underperforming player with both sides coming out of it clean. They're just creating a story if they keep him and have to drop him.

• Like 1

Â