Manchester United

BOF

Not seen this linked anywhere, but what about Kane to United?

From United’s point of view it could be decent, but unless Kane was getting a huge pay rise then it might not improve his trophy prospects much. 

Just now, Genie said:

From United’s point of view it could be decent, but unless Kane was getting a huge pay rise then it might not improve his trophy prospects much. 

He is off to Bayern next summer apparently, Kane has more chance of winning a trophy at Spurs at the moment

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Genie said:

And Cavani, and Mata. Rashford was trying then, Greenwood wasn’t under arrest, Fernandes was in form too. 

They’ll grab a few but I think they’ll be worse off without bringing in a direct replacement.

It's no coincidence that Bruno's form dropped off with the addition of Ronaldo. It completely changes the way they play.

Those players will probably come back into form when he goes.

It's not even Ronaldo's fault to be honest, it's just the way the team operates with him in it

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

SAF got out of football at the right time.

Having a top mentality and motivational skills isn't enough any more.

You simply cannot get by at the top without the best tactical play, club structure, recruitment. 

Football has started to be heavily optimised, and actually it's a much worse spectacle because of it. Upsets are fewer, excitement is lesser, playing fields are more uneven than ever.

Sure, Utd are a mess now. They will eventually click. If they don't and say... Brighton or Newcastle take their place, they will be uncatchable.

That's of course until the super league happens when the streaming wars start.

Brighton?🤔

If United are not in the top 4 they are already failing.

Money needs to be sucked out of the game. 

It's not entirely impossible to imagine that happening within the next 10 years or so as we head into unprecedented economic hardships and possible outright war among leading nations. 

Times are changing, and only question is how quickly thing will get really, really bad. Our comfortable way of life is ending, football as we know included. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Or, and I do rate him, but with United's predicament, wonder if we could pass Ings off to them (they have the money to pay his transfer fee and wagers) and we can re-invest in a striker that better suits our system? Not that I want to flog Ings off, just thinking of the business side of things as well

6 minutes ago, a-k said:

Or, and I do rate him, but with United's predicament, wonder if we could pass Ings off to them (they have the money to pay his transfer fee and wagers) and we can re-invest in a striker that better suits our system? Not that I want to flog Ings off, just thinking of the business side of things as well

I don’t think they’d go for Ings, it looks like we were mugged off buying him with his best days behind him. I can’t see United buying him from us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You know what? With all this Arnautovic talk, I am bewildered as to why teams like Utd haven’t taken a punt on Jamie Vardy

1 minute ago, DJ_Villain said:

You know what? With all this Arnautovic talk, I am bewildered as to why teams like Utd haven’t taken a punt on Jamie Vardy

Vardy is two years older than Arnautovic and had his game time restricted last year as his body starts to struggle - I don't think he'll play twenty games this season and I was really surprised he didn't retire in the summer. Must have bills to pay.

• Like 1

Vardy. Ings.

Christ on a bike.

The last thing United need now is more journeymen footballers.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. They need to sign the right players or no players at all tbh.

They're wage budget is ridiculous, the amount of players they have paid huge fees for and done nothing is ridiculous.

Their recruitment has been bad again as it is non existent but at least they're not chucking money at nothing players.

I think Rabiot will be a decent pick up for the fee FWIW.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Vardy. Ings.

Christ on a bike.

The last thing United need now is more journeymen footballers.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. They need to sign the right players or no players at all tbh.

They're wage budget is ridiculous, the amount of players they have paid huge fees for and done nothing is ridiculous.

Their recruitment has been bad again as it is non existent but at least they're not chucking money at nothing players.

I think Rabiot will be a decent pick up for the fee FWIW.

I’d barely call Vardy a “journeyman”

Hes fought his way up the leagues to the top of the pile and then ended up winning the top prize with the rank outsider, getting England caps and national recognition… and he’s still there 6 years later…

Hes not exactly Adebayor or Anelka

• Like 2

It's true Ings looked like he aged about 5 years over the summer we bought him, but that prior season was a massive outlier, he was burying nearly every half and quarter chance that came his way, it was no way sustainable. His xG must have been half of his actual

22 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

It's true Ings looked like he aged about 5 years over the summer we bought him, but that prior season was a massive outlier, he was burying nearly every half and quarter chance that came his way, it was no way sustainable. His xG must have been half of his actual

IngsxG.thumb.PNG.ddd8e6b4c4b65b48cdcb07dc49534350.PNG

• Like 1

On 10/08/2022 at 10:01, Genie said:

Not now, he just wants to play CL and has that at Spurs.

Could be possible next summer if Man. United sort themselves out and finish the season well....would have 12 months on his deal and no chance Levy would be happy with him going on free transfer as that goes against all his principles so he'd be sold to highest bidder.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Vardy is two years older than Arnautovic and had his game time restricted last year as his body starts to struggle - I don't think he'll play twenty games this season and I was really surprised he didn't retire in the summer. Must have bills to pay.

He ended last season in very good form so he's probably got two years left I'd say.

Plus with his missus doing the media rounds currently as second coming of Mother Teresa I think he'll be keeping himself busy with Leicester rather then being home and having to listen to her rehearse her media interviews!

It's just wonderful to see them like this. Not one of their players wants to be there.

The two best well run "small" clubs are the worst possible opponents for them. Obviously able to smash them to bits on the pitch, but also it stings the most as they don't see them as equals.

Fergie got out just as being a big club wasn't enough. You needed a club structure and long-term plan to have any sort of success. 

These results will only accelerate the super league sadly. You'll probably have Utd fans up for it next time as well if they're stuck with bottom half finishes for a few years.

It was widely reported that ETH and MU board had a very long, open, honest and emotional discussion before he was appointed. 

What on earth was said? I can’t believe ETH said that he could get a tune out of the shite in that squad.

I wonder if the club have promised an overhaul and have failed to deliver on it.

Â