Manchester United

BOF

Oh Moyes, you had to get yourself sacked didn't you?! I was really hoping that 'the Man U way' would keep you in a job for at least the summer and a few months of shit performances next season!

Now officially sacked....

TBH, as hilarious as his tenure was I don't think ManUre's position is entirely down to him.

Fergie left with an aging squad that was never likely to retain the Championship without him at the helm.

Also, allowing their CEO to leave at the same time as AF was a poor move as there was no continuity at the club where transfers were concerned.

The new guy who came in was as out of his depth as Moyes at a big club IMO and his failure to secure Moyes' transfer wishlist early in the window was always going to make it difficult.

Another straw was AF was extremely lucky getting a whole season out of RVP (who was instrumental in last season's title) whilst Moyes has had to endure the regular 'crocked' version but with added lack of form.

Moyes knew it would be difficult and I do feel for him as he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip - whatever happened to ManUre backing their managers as they had crowed about earlier in the season???

My feelings exactly. Top post.

United need a young manager if they are appointing anyone. Team needs a complete rebuild it's not like City where a lot of pieces were all ready there and Pellegrini could just add and subtract what he wanted. They've no midfield, the defence is basically gone as well. They need to buy a lot of players over the summer. Realistically they have De Gea, Rafael, Mata, Rooney, RVP, as for the rest they are average rotation players at best. If they appoint someone experience (60 years +) manager I can't see him wanting to build a team, they need someone young, who they are willing to give a bit of time to, sadly for Moyes it was not him.

Doug in Fife, via text on 81111: Which Man Utd players would get into Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool? Rooney maybe. Van Persie when he turns up. That's it. Man Utd were supposed to be different. I'm done supporting them.

Awwwww bless you Doug. Fear not though lad, sports direct have got a sale on replica shirts.

Why cant the media just get some basic facts right? Ferguson took 6 years to win a trophy- wrong, it was less than 4 years. When Ferguson took over, it was 26 years since they last won the title- wrong, when they beat us to the title in 1993 it was 26 years, not when Fergie took over in '86.  You do wonder sometimes if people in the media know what they are talking about......

Young Manager given time with something to prove step forward AVB.

Can't see Van Gaal don't see him having the patience.

Director of Football to buy the multitude of players they need and a coach it's gotta be.

I think it's risky whoever takes over though not an easy job to knit 6-7 players into your first team I can see a battle for 4th at best for them next year and that depends on if they have any European Football.

Blanc is a top shout... *Heads down to bookies.

Fergie and Man U have played a blinder here. This season was always going to be a disaster. Paper light midfield..aging defence...living in Fergie's shadow...whoever took over was always going to "fail". It was too big for Fergie in the end. Far better it be a chancer trying to make it at the top table than an experienced top manager whose reputation would be crushed.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 2

i would still take moyes personally

not all his fault

If Learner is still here I agree, if we are taken over by a gabillonaire Id like to be dining at a different table.

Â