Manchester United

BOF

I dunno, Welbeck has done nothing to suggest he can lead the line at a top club. I think he's decent, but I think he thinks he's better than he is. 

They said that about Sturridge. 

23-years-old. If he got the game time in a central role maybe his strike rate would increase? He's already got the link-up game and work ethic.

If it wasn't for the state of the current Man Utd team Welbeck would stay but he knows he can get similar or more money at a Champions League team, so he's prepared to consider offers. that's the situation IMO.

He's probably not a natural finisher as Sturridge though

I dunno, Welbeck has done nothing to suggest he can lead the line at a top club. I think he's decent, but I think he thinks he's better than he is. 

They said that about Sturridge. 

23-years-old. If he got the game time in a central role maybe his strike rate would increase? He's already got the link-up game and work ethic.

If it wasn't for the state of the current Man Utd team Welbeck would stay but he knows he can get similar or more money at a Champions League team, so he's prepared to consider offers. that's the situation IMO.

He's probably not a natural finisher as Sturridge though

played in the centre I reckon he could get as high as 1 in 2, 15-20 a year, plus assists. could form a formidable strike partnership with a complementary player. 

10 in 32 this season.  not great but it's not the best team and he's played mostly on the wing.

The times I've seen him played upfront he's done quite well. Got two against us at VP and they were doing alright while RVP was out and Wellbeck was leading the line. United will desperately miss a quick player if he goes and they don't replace him. Maybe a swap deal with Gabby? :)

Edited by tarjei

He's actually done pretty well for goals this season despite lack of consistent game time and man utd being pretty inconsistent. But I doubt any top team would go for him as a starter, Everton or Spurs are a good shout for him as they both could use a striker and are pushing for UCL places.

This summer is going to be amazing for me, I'm about to become a father, my football club is set for a takeover, the world cup on tv

watching David Moyes rebuild Manchester united would be the cherry on the cake.

Edited by Jimzk5
  • Like 3

They are basically stuck with two options. Everyone knows that, especially the ones making the decision in the end. 1) Keep Moyes and probably cross Ferguson and Charlton or 2) Sack Moyes and get the better candidate in. Them not being in the Champions League has very little importance to potential top managers and new recruits, they will sign for the next decade, not the next season.

Unlike Con, I am pretty sure United can come back and win the league even next season if the right things are taken care of accordingly. They have no European football next season it seems, they can go the Liverpool-route and play something like 45 games - which means that their best players can virtually play all the games if fit. Imagine Liverpool having 16 games in the Europa League this season, they would never ever been close to the title IMO.

If they keep Moyes it's going to be so because of Ferguson and the wish to not be like every other club, but nobility can be damaging. If they sack him and bring someone proven to the club, with the kind of pockets they have - it's going to be very different. They need a lot of players, but that's what the market and money are for. Bring in a defensive midfielder, a stopper and a left-back, and many problems are fixed. That can be done in five days, it can also be difficult - we'll see. Hopefully our club will go through the same progress the summer if we are given some cash!

Personally I think Ferguson terrifies the ones in charge, so Moyes is going to get another chance in the summer. I also think he is never going to be a match, because he has done so many mistakes other than just making the team play bad. He says the wrong things all the time, he obviously doesn't know how to attack like other managers and he just lacks the needed charisma to do well in this job. I always knew the next guy was in for trouble, but I don't buy the idea that the squad is too weak. It's not. Sure they are older and a dip in level was expected, but not to this degree.

Â