VillaGoMarching

Its the goals that did for him.  Its nothing short of surprising how little they score considering the talent they have!

Its also a testament to how far they have come that they have sacked the manager because they have fallen out of the title race.

Title race? They're seventh.

It can't have helped AVB that he appears to have been losing the plot over the past few weeks, rowing with the press etc.

They need a strong character right now to steady the ship and get them back to winning ways. I guess the Spurs' powers that be judged he wasn't that manager (and, to be fair, he doesn't really give the impression that strength in adversity is his USP).

I backed him after the Man. City game but yesterday was the tipping point, this is a Liverpool team that struggle to beat any of the better teams in the league and recently lost 3-1 at Hull and yet they whipped the floor with Spurs from start to finish.

That said I would've given him the xmas period and then sacked him in the new year if results hadn't improved.

No idea who Spurs will get in, I can't see Capello quitting Russia with the world cup 6 months off. Worth noting in previous eras when Spurs have sacked managers David Pleat has come in to become caretaker! :D

I backed him after the Man. City game but yesterday was the tipping point, this is a Liverpool team that struggle to beat any of the better teams in the league and recently lost 3-1 at Hull and yet they whipped the floor with Spurs from start to finish.

That said I would've given him the xmas period and then sacked him in the new year if results hadn't improved.

No idea who Spurs will get in, I can't see Capello quitting Russia with the world cup 6 months off. Worth noting in previous eras when Spurs have sacked managers David Pleat has come in to become caretaker! :D

Capello was at the game yesterday and with the Baldini connection he could get it, at least temporarily.

But if Spurs want good football it would be a mistake.

Its the goals that did for him. Its nothing short of surprising how little they score considering the talent they have!

Its also a testament to how far they have come that they have sacked the manager because they have fallen out of the title race.

you have to be in something first to be able to fall out of it, spurs were never in a title race.

Such a bad decision. He really hasn't done that badly. He's been given a bunch of players by Baldini, they've all come from foreign leagues, barely any of them speak English and he's expected to rocket up the table straight away when they haven't even had a whole season to settle? Madness. Who exactly are they going to hire that's going to make this team suddenly gel and become amazing under the watchful eye of Levy and Baldini?

Spurs are a joke. I don't know how they expect to seriously compete.

• Like 1

Zola just resigned as Watford manager according to the beeb, coincidence?

I would be suprised if it was, it is probably too soon for him and he hasn't done as well this season at Watford.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 1

Glenn hoddle

lined up to replace Sam at West Ham I hear

I would be suprised if it was, it is probably too soon for him and he hasn't done as well this season at Watford.

I think Spurs is too big for him, maybe West Brom!

watford have been appalling this season, i only know this as I keep betting on the assholes :@

Â