VillaGoMarching

Nah I think Laudrup is waiting for the right offer at this stage.  Spurs makes so much sense.  He plays their kind of football, he's at a club they could easily lure him away from and he's a profile name that fits them.  I think Lambert would be too big a risk for them at this stage and, through no fault of his own, hasn't shown that he plays the kind of football they'd be demanding.

I couldn't see any 'big club' in a million years taking Lambert on current Villa form.

Or Laudrup on current form right?

Well I had a quick look through the "Premier League Managers - How do you rate them" thread and only two people had Laudrup ahead of Lambert in those lists at the start of the season. 

Since then we have done better then Swansea so it seems odd that people are now talking down Lambert and talking up Laudrup.

• Like 1

I get the feeling that was a big turning point for them tonight, coming back to win at Fulham.

I've always said judge AVB after these two away games, table will be looking very good for them if they win at Sunderland.

Think they'll go on a run now.

I said a week ago judge AVB after these two away games and low and behold they've won both, albeit not convincingly but still points on the board.

Anyone who's seen my posts knows I'm not a Spurs apologist but I think AVB is getting a raw deal tbh.

Yes the 6 nill defeat the press were demanding a national iniquiry into too wasn't great but they lost at a ground everyone else has so can hardly say it's a venue where points shouldn't be dropped.

They've won 5 out of 8 away games, a good record in any division.

They've won both away games after falling behind this week which suggests there is no mutiny against AVB.

And if they beat Liverpool at home next week which is possible as they're the biggest flat track bullies in the league, they'll draw level on points with the team currently 2nd.

Yeah I think he's getting a harsh deal.

I don't think he's getting a raw deal. The pressure should be on someone who's spent in excess of £100 million. The league is so close though, a couple of wins can push you right up. However they were expected to win these 2 games. Finish outside the top 4 and I'd say he hasn't delivered.

I just think it's going OTT to say he's on the verge of the sack really on the back of a 6 nil. Even the best like Man. United and Arsenal have had trashings in recent seasons and still comeback to finish 2nd and 3rd that year.

It's not as if the other results either side of that have been horrendous, they beat us and Hull, got a 0-0 at Everton which looks a very good point now and after the 6-0 came back to draw with Man. United so indeed have 7 points out of 9 since the mauling.

I agree serious questions to ask if they don't finish top 4 but again it wasn't as if they were miles adrift of that after the 6 nil, not say like oh I dunno Manchester United are now.

Apart from Paulinho and Eriksen the new players haven't done much at all. Soldado has been nothing short of a total flop so far, Defoe showed today what movement gets you even though his finishing was slightly off he could have had a hat trick on another day.

He might have spent 100m but they got back about the same from the sale of Bale and other players. 

Apart from Paulinho and Eriksen the new players haven't done much at all. Soldado has been nothing short of a total flop so far, Defoe showed today what movement gets you even though his finishing was slightly off he could have had a hat trick on another day.

He might have spent 100m but they got back about the same from the sale of Bale and other players.

Doesn't matter how much they got back, he's had the chance to revamp a whole team.

This is a team that finished 5th by a whisker last season. They've outspent every club bar man city this summer. You don't spend that kind of money and be happy to finish in the same position.

Doesn't matter how much they got back, he's had the chance to revamp a whole team.

This is a team that finished 5th by a whisker last season. They've outspent every club bar man city this summer. You don't spend that kind of money and be happy to finish in the same position.

They were a point from 4th place and I believe it was their highest ever points total, last season.

Everton finished 9 points behind Spurs in 6th.

Edited by AVFCforever1991

They were a point from 4th place and I believe it was there highest ever points total, last season.

Everton finished 9 points behind Spurs in 6th.

Yep, they finished 4th the season before and sacked harry. I think they'll finish 5th again but with a greater margin.

When you revamp the whole team it's not uncommon that it takes time for the team to gel and with many new to the Premier League it's no surprise that the individuals take time to find their feet as well.

Gareth Bale was so extremely good and the focus of all play, when he leave it's pretty much like starting from scratch in finding the team's way to play.

2 points behind 4th, 3 points behind 2nd - Spurs can still finish anywere in the upper half though. There are already positive signs and hopefully january transfer window will land a left back so that a back four can be balanced and settled for second part of the season.

You don't spend that kind of money and be happy to finish in the same position.

Why not? Perhaps that kind of investment was what's needed to remain fifth with the rise of both Arsenal and Liverpool,

We're after all competing with two clubs that can hoover up all the best players in the market as well.

Climbing further up the table is extremely difficult, although still achievable even this season for Spurs.

Made a profit, ok broke even more or less if you include agent fees. Incoming players on equal wages to those who left.

A squad revamped to keep Spurs competitive not only for this season but also the coming years.

Martin Jol and Juande Ramos both lost their jobs unhappy about the signings of the Director of Football,

in hindsight though there was a lot of quality in those players signed and Harry Redknapp reaped the benefits when Bale, Modric etc. blossom.

4th or a trophy and this season is a success, but we're not a club in position to pick that up every season. We'll manage it some seasons and lose out in others.

Just the way it is in competition with money doped clubs and giants that have two decades of champions league money behind them.

• Like 2

Â