VillaGoMarching

18 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Alright Spurs fans, pipe down. Did they see how far Arsenal were ahead right up to March?

Everyone knows Pep doesn't let the breaks off til end of Feb.

If they collapse now or later in season it becomes even better 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What if they just keep going, kind of like we have done since Emery and Newcastle did last season?

We had a run of three defeats in a row about two months into UE's tenure, losses at home to Leicester and Arsenal and Man.  City away.

However after that we responded with a brilliant run in so that's what I'm intrigued to see from Spurs. If they have a 1 win in 5 run soon how long before they reel off 3-4 straight wins?

Actually with them playing next monday they could be down to 4th if Arsenal, Man. City and Liverpool all win which looks fairly probable looking at their fixtures so they don't have any lead at all.

Finishing 4th or even 5th if that is fine for CL remains a very good season for them.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We had a run of three defeats in a row about two months into UE's tenure, losses at home to Leicester and Arsenal and Man.  City away.

However after that we responded with a brilliant run in so that's what I'm intrigued to see from Spurs. If they have a 1 win in 5 run soon how long before they reel off 3-4 straight wins?

Actually with them playing next monday they could be down to 4th if Arsenal, Man. City and Liverpool all win which looks fairly probable looking at their fixtures so they don't have any lead at all.

Finishing 4th or even 5th if that is fine for CL remains a very good season for them.

Ah yes, i more meant as benchmarked against us rather than Man City, Arsenal & Liverpool. 

Both of us are on impressive runs with impressive managers changing the whole ethos and playing style of the club. 

Spurs have played Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd from the 'bigger clubs'. We have played Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea.

We have Man City and Arsenal soon. They have Chelsea and Man City soon.  

It'll be interesting to see who can keep up their blistering PPG the best.

• Like 1

Pro-Spurs pundits/journalists saying this is the first time they've noticed any weaknesses in Angeball when the flaws have been obvious since the first week of the season: If an opponent commits to pressing them high then they will cough up loads of chances. Many teams will still fear what Spurs can do if they beat the press, but I think it's a risk worth taking and I hope we go for it when we play them in a few weeks. 

Why are saying spurs should be proud how they played? Like they played like heroes with 9 men? They got thumped at home by their rivals who were not very good. Conceding  a hat trick against a awful striker. Playing a high line with 9 men? 

Instead they should be focusing on how they lost their discipline and ultimately cost them the game

Im sure they are gonna moan as well at having a 12.30 game sat morning now as well.

That game would have taken a hell of a lot out of them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Pro-Spurs pundits/journalists saying this is the first time they've noticed any weaknesses in Angeball when the flaws have been obvious since the first week of the season: If an opponent commits to pressing them high then they will cough up loads of chances. Many teams will still fear what Spurs can do if they beat the press, but I think it's a risk worth taking and I hope we go for it when we play them in a few weeks. 

Why do we get constant criticism about playing a high line but they get praised for it?

Van Der ven out will be a bigger miss than any of their other defenders. His pace saves them them and I have a feeling that Dier will not be able to fill in for him in that regard :D 

Â