VillaGoMarching

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ergh didnt realise that.

Can go either way as both clubs have a lit of players away

Id take a point now for that one away from home

It's been moved to the Sunday afternoon so at least our globetrotters get an extra 24hrs rest compared to Man City v Liverpool at 12.30 on Saturday. 

Klipperty no doubt has this lined up after they get a good dry rimming :D

7 hours ago, Kingman said:

It's been moved to the Sunday afternoon so at least our globetrotters get an extra 24hrs rest compared to Man City v Liverpool at 12.30 on Saturday. 

Klipperty no doubt has this lined up after they get a good dry rimming :D

Going to need a step-by-step explainer on a dry rimming.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Actually don't mind Spurs.

Their fanbase has always seemed a decent bunch to me.

Always been decent. I remember being about 17/18 going Spurs away. Got chatting on the tube to some Spurs fans who recognised our accent as Villa fans.

They were very insistent we went to their local - tentatively we went thinking we was going to get beaten up / robbed. We ended up in one of their hardcore pubs just outside the ground. Had an amazing time, such great hospitality and banter which never crossed the mark.

Still don't know what to make of Spurs if I am being honest. They've had a great start to the season but looking at their results I think the only one where I am impressed by is the 2-2 at Arsenal. Initially thought 2-2 at Brentford was a good result but I don't think Brentford are as good as previously, Man Utd have a poor record away to anybody half decent and 11 v 11 I'm not convinced they beat Liverpool. Bournemouth, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Luton and Fulham are all going to occupy the bottom 6/7 places and are teams I'd expect the other top 5/6 sides will beat. Let's not forget they made hard work of Sheff Utd at home.

Looking at their fixtures - will probably beat Palace who are missing key players and Chelsea at home but then they have got Wolves away, Villa, Man City, West Ham and Newcastle. Interesting to see how many points they get there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Bummed without lube, preferably vigorously. 

Or as @rjw63 says... DHUTWU :D

I think you mean reaming, rimming provides its own lube.

Allegedly.😳

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

That is a real good team, postecoglu has totally transformed their style and play and confidence in the same way Emery has here. They get forward very quickly and Maddison is always trying balls forward, they don’t always pay off but he has the confidence and permission to do it.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Anyone else feel like James Maddison is a total and utter dickhead? 

Used to yeah, if you looked up smarmy in the dictionary his face would be there. Not just on the field, there were some cringy social media videos going around of him as well.

He doesn't get on my nerves as much these days, or maybe I just don't watch him as much as I used to.

3 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

That is a real good team, postecoglu has totally transformed their style and play and confidence in the same way Emery has here. They get forward very quickly and Maddison is always trying balls forward, they don’t always pay off but he has the confidence and permission to do it.

they've seemingly converted Son in to a 9 without a care in the world 

• Like 1

Son has always known where the back of the net is, he's averaged 20 goals a season since he signed for Spurs (actually it's 18.125 if you want to be anal about the maths) which is why I don't think the loss of Harry Kane is as big of a deal as it could have been.  Son is genuinely one of the most two footed players I've ever seen and defending against a guy who is an incredible finisher on either side must be a nightmare. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Son has always known where the back of the net is, he's averaged 20 goals a season since he signed for Spurs (actually it's 18.125 if you want to be anal about the maths) which is why I don't think the loss of Harry Kane is as big of a deal as it could have been.  Son is genuinely one of the most two footed players I've ever seen and defending against a guy who is an incredible finisher on either side must be a nightmare. 

That's how Watkins goal come about. Defender and keeper thinking ' don't let him get on the right, expect low finish to my left... oh he just smashed it high past my near post at 70mph '

• Like 1

Yep, and of course once  you get a reputation for being able to go either way then defenders start second guessing themselves and affording you more space.  I'm not sure who is on penalties for Spurs now Kane has left but if Son gets them it would be hilarious if he even decided to mix up which foot he was going to shoot with there.   I think nominally he's right footed (62 right footed goals, 44 left) but even that stat might be more to do with where he's being used tactically rather than which foot he thinks is dominant. 

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Yep, and of course once  you get a reputation for being able to go either way then defenders start second guessing themselves and affording you more space.  I'm not sure who is on penalties for Spurs now Kane has left but if Son gets them it would be hilarious if he even decided to mix up which foot he was going to shoot with there.   I think nominally he's right footed (62 right footed goals, 44 left) but even that stat might be more to do with where he's being used tactically rather than which foot he thinks is dominant. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RichW said:

Still don't know what to make of Spurs if I am being honest. They've had a great start to the season but looking at their results I think the only one where I am impressed by is the 2-2 at Arsenal. Initially thought 2-2 at Brentford was a good result but I don't think Brentford are as good as previously, Man Utd have a poor record away to anybody half decent and 11 v 11 I'm not convinced they beat Liverpool. Bournemouth, Burnley, Sheff Utd, Luton and Fulham are all going to occupy the bottom 6/7 places and are teams I'd expect the other top 5/6 sides will beat. Let's not forget they made hard work of Sheff Utd at home.

Looking at their fixtures - will probably beat Palace who are missing key players and Chelsea at home but then they have got Wolves away, Villa, Man City, West Ham and Newcastle. Interesting to see how many points they get there.

Liverpool had a perfectly good goal chalked off and Spurs needed a stoppage time own goal against 9 men to get the win. Think Liverpool would have beaten them 11 v 11. Arsenal is the real impressive one, they deserved to win that. But Arsenal themselves aren't the force they were last season. They're doing well, but people are getting carried away. They'll be there with us and Brighton again this season. Talk of guaranteed top 4 or a title push is way too premature. They don't have the squad. Maddison gets injured and they're completely screwed.

• Like 1

Â