VillaGoMarching

Making Kane, who has been with Spurs for 18 years, and scored 280 in 435, wait embarrassingly at an airport so he can renege on a deal is the most Levy thing ever. No one with any class should go anywhere near him.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Making Kane, who has been with Spurs for 18 years, and scored 280 in 435, wait embarrassingly at an airport so he can renege on a deal is the most Levy thing ever. No one with any class should go anywhere near him.

It’s breathtaking arrogance and hubris 

53 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Are you saying you’d rather having some arbitrary goal record than winning a Champions League?

Did you know Kane isn’t actually 2nd in the all time list? He’s actually 19th. He’s only 2nd because billionaire Rupert Murdoch decided football started in August 1992. Shearer has 23 goals missing from his goal record BTW.

I’m saying it’s more special/unique/rare. what is shearer known for, his goalscoring record or his title with blackburn? Messi is mostly announced with the number of ballon d’ors before the list of titles. Individual honors in sports, even in team sports, are no small matter.

titles? Albrighton has one, Drinkwater has one, to name a few. Titles are not the best measurement of how good a player was. A goalscoring record is.

that being said, I think he’ll join Bayern to get guaranteed titles, like any player would.

I agree with your second bit though. It’s artificial as decades of football are forgotten, but here we are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AXD said:

I’m saying it’s more special/unique/rare. what is shearer known for, his goalscoring record or his title with blackburn? Messi is mostly announced with the number of ballon d’ors before the list of titles. Individual honors in sports, even in team sports, are no small matter.

titles? Albrighton has one, Drinkwater has one, to name a few. Titles are not the best measurement of how good a player was. A goalscoring record is.

that being said, I think he’ll join Bayern to get guaranteed titles, like any player would.

I agree with your second bit though. It’s artificial as decades of football are forgotten, but here we are.

And what happens if Kane overtakes Shearer and then someone overtakes him? He'll have no record AND no titles.  Let's not compare Kane to some Leicester squad players.  If Bayern go onto win a CL, Kane will likely be one of their most important players and probably their top scorer that season.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What do you mean?

The lack of class from Levy. First the backtrack on the gentlemans agreement 2 summers ago and now agreeing a deal with Bayern and then allegedly backtracking on it . 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And what happens if Kane overtakes Shearer and then someone overtakes him? He'll have no record AND no titles.  Let's not compare Kane to some Leicester squad players.  If Bayern go onto win a CL, Kane will likely be one of their most important players and probably their top scorer that season.

True . Look at how mental West Ham went winning the conference league.  Its the feeling of togetherness as a team that always beats an individual accolade. 

Â