VillaGoMarching

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And as if to prove the point, Spurs fans have started a #notopostecoglou campaign on twitter.

Enjoy yourself there Ange!

Doomed to fail before he begins...

For his own sake he should stay in Scotland, he'd get found out quickly.

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

i think he's the opposite of what utd need tbh

you look at weghorst and can say what you like about his lack of ability but what he's doing there is occupying a space, he's pushing the line and keeping CBs busy in theory giving space to the likes of rashford and fernandes, kane dropping deep doesnt help them, they need a proper striker

Nah, I'm not having Weghorst being better for them than Kane, even if we're adding a mental 'for tactical reasons only' disclaimer afterwards. 

You're greatly overthinking this. Kane is the second-best striker in the league, far ahead of the third, and one of the best strikers in world football. If he goes to United, he'll be playing in front of the second-best chance creator in the league, one of the best chance-creators in world football. This is in danger of being like when everyone was wondering if Haaland 'makes City worse', and then he scored about another 40 goals. If Kane goes to United, it will make United instantly significantly better and that's all there is to it IMO. 

They're missing a top-quality striker. He's Harry Kane. It makes too much sense to happen, but it absolutely should. 

• Like 2

Kane is basically exactly what Manchester United need if they have aims on being a true title contender again. They don't have a reliable, world class striker. This season they got lucky that Rashford was on fire for a bit but otherwise they've lacked a great striker for years. The only position you could argue they need to improve more is with a great centre mid, but even then you'd probably fancy the striker to be the more important signing.

But buying Kane is going to be a nightmare. Not just the usual Levy levvy. Or the England tax. Or the bumping the price 'cos it's Ya-night-ted. Or the fact it's one of the best goalscorers on the European football. Buying Kane is essentially to convince Spurs to accept the one thing that's made them special for a while is gone, and given everything else going wrong for them you're kinda asking them to agree to risk the clubs status in the middle term as a big dog in the league... That's going to make him extremely, extremely expensive. And then you consider he's 30. And then it appears that Manchester United's owners aren't exactly going to be happy splashing crazy money right before they walk out...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Doomed to fail before he begins...

For his own sake he should stay in Scotland, he'd get found out quickly.

He's an unknown at the highest level, saying he'd get found out is based on nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Kane is basically exactly what Manchester United need if they have aims on being a true title contender again. They don't have a reliable, world class striker. This season they got lucky that Rashford was on fire for a bit but otherwise they've lacked a great striker for years. The only position you could argue they need to improve more is with a great centre mid, but even then you'd probably fancy the striker to be the more important signing.

But buying Kane is going to be a nightmare. Not just the usual Levy levvy. Or the England tax. Or the bumping the price 'cos it's Ya-night-ted. Or the fact it's one of the best goalscorers on the European football. Buying Kane is essentially to convince Spurs to accept the one thing that's made them special for a while is gone, and given everything else going wrong for them you're kinda asking them to agree to risk the clubs status in the middle term as a big dog in the league... That's going to make him extremely, extremely expensive. And then you consider he's 30. And then it appears that Manchester United's owners aren't exactly going to be happy splashing crazy money right before they walk out...

For me the dream would be for him to stay at spurs see his contract out or at least until January when his value is practically nothing and leave for free or very little while downing tools in a spurs side managed by the Celtic manager languishing in 11 place and leave spurs as there greatest ever striker and still made them little to no money and also not got close to winning a trophy either. And then watch them sink back into the mediocrity I remember in the 80’s and 90’s 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He's an unknown at the highest level, saying he'd get found out is based on nothing.

It's based on the league having no competitive edge, League One standard players etc....

Hence it is based on a few things actually. 

touché

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don't know if its better than Spurs lose Kane and his goals but get a big wedge of cash, or if it's better that they keep Kane and lose him for nothing next summer?

By better, i mean better for Villa (not Spurs).

With Kane staying and probably scoring his usual 25-30 goals Spurs despite being average will still win plenty of games as they've just done this season.

Without him I think they fall into 50-55points bracket so really we should be very confident of finishing above them as the minimum aim for next season has to be 60 points.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

There's things growing in my bin that could manage Celtic to titles.

True but they played some very dire football under Lennon and that Ronny Delia guy when they've won leagues in the past.

I think the logic for Spurs is he's used his J league experience to sign and develop some really good players for Celtic like Furuhashi and Hatate. Now those two probably aren't good enough for Spurs but I assume Levy is thinking he can go to europe and pick up 3-4 and develop them that way aswell as keeping him to improve players like Sarr and Pedro Porro.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He’s a good manager and has had success wherever he’s gone. I hope he doesn’t go to Spurs 😬

So did gerrard.

Scottish football is so poor i think it would be a disaster personally 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So did gerrard.

Scottish football is so poor i think it would be a disaster personally 

He’s managed at more leagues than Celtic. He’s vastly more experienced than Gerrard. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Kane won't go abroad.  He wants that Premier League scoring record.

Do a year or 2 in Madrid until Haaland goes, then come back for the PL record. If he stays good with injuries he'll easily smash it even if he takes a 2 year sabbatical in Spain

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

It's based on the league having no competitive edge, League One standard players etc....

Hence it is based on a few things actually. 

touché

You're talking about the Scottish League here, Postecoglou is only at Celtic for 2 years of his career.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonLax said:

He’s managed at more leagues than Celtic. He’s vastly more experienced than Gerrard. 

Managing yokohama f marinos and brisbane glory?

Not exactly bigger than Celtic?

Go onto wikipedia and have a look into Postecoglou’s management career.

He started out in Australia managing ‘South Melbourne’ in the Aus equivalent of The National League. 

He won the league with them back to back (after a 7 year drought) and took them all the way to the FIFA Club World Championship. 

He managed Brisbane in the Australian top division and won the league with them back to back. They hadn’t won it before and haven’t done anything since. 

He took over the Australian national team and won the Asian Championship. The only time Australia has won it. 

He took over Yokohama in the J-League and won them the title. The first time in 15 years for that club. 

He took over Celtic and won every trophy going. 

He has been successful all the way through his career and plays attacking football. 

There is no guarantee he would succeed at Spurs but he’s been successful everywhere he’s gone and I don’t want him to achieve that at Tottenham. 

The biggest challenge for him would probably be lazy Spurs fans not accepting him as he’s just “some manager from the Scottish league” and not a big enough name for them but he’s got vastly more experience than Gerrard and achieved each step up in his career based on results on the pitch, not on being a famous ex player. 

• Like 4

Whatever happens this Summer at spuds I hope whatever changes they introduce, new manager, new players etc, that it makes them considerably worse.......for a long, long time.....

20 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Kane won't go abroad.  He wants that Premier League scoring record.

Also, he'd struggle with the language. 

He can barely string a sentence together in English. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Go onto wikipedia and have a look into Postecoglou’s management career.

He started out in Australia managing ‘South Melbourne’ in the Aus equivalent of The National League. 

He won the league with them back to back (after a 7 year drought) and took them all the way to the FIFA Club World Championship. 

He managed Brisbane in the Australian top division and won the league with them back to back. They hadn’t won it before and haven’t done anything since. 

He took over the Australian national team and won the Asian Championship. The only time Australia has won it. 

He took over Yokohama in the J-League and won them the title. The first time in 15 years for that club. 

He took over Celtic and won every trophy going. 

He has been successful all the way through his career and plays attacking football. 

There is no guarantee he would succeed at Spurs but he’s been successful everywhere he’s gone and I don’t want him to achieve that at Tottenham. 

The biggest challenge for him would probably be lazy Spurs fans not accepting him as he’s just “some manager from the Scottish league” and not a big enough name for them but he’s got vastly more experience than Gerrard and achieved each step up in his career based on results on the pitch, not on being a famous ex player. 

The problem is those leagues are really low level like scotland. Thata not saying he wont suceed but its a massive step up to premier league and a toxic environment at spurs.

Their latest scapegoat is perisic

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Managing yokohama f marinos and brisbane glory?

Not exactly bigger than Celtic?

Arsenal Wenger wasn't exactly pulling up trees before he step out at Highbury.

Â