VillaGoMarching

What does Kane do? Contract up next season, does he ask for a transfer or hold tough to potentially earn far more. Serious lack of ambition if he does sign a new deal there.

Does Levy take the chance that he could walk for free?

Who wants to buy him? City no way, maybe United? I think if Newcastle get Champions League they splash the Saudi money on Kane.

4 minutes ago, Folski said:

What does Kane do? Contract up next season, does he ask for a transfer or hold tough to potentially earn far more. Serious lack of ambition if he does sign a new deal there.

Who wants to buy him? City no way, maybe United? I think if Newcastle get Champions League they splash the Saudi money on Kane.

He's in a much better position than summer 2021 when he just seemed to think Spurs would let him go to Man. City.

I also think while they'll be plenty of short term pain it will be better for Spurs to let him go for the long run.

They had two years in the wilderness after Bale went in similar circumstances but then built a really good team that should've won the league.

They keep Kane for one more season and you're kicking things so far down the road given Son will be 32 end of next season so will probably need to be replaced aswell and other parts of the team will remain poor. Yes Kane can score 20 + again but it might only be good enough to get Spurs 7th so I don't see the point if he's just then leaving on a free.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Folski said:

Probably cash in on him.

He will want to leave to win trophies but where can he go?

Arsenal No,

Chelsea more of a mess than Spurs,

United won't be anywhere near CL or PL trophies for a while,

Liverpool maybe? But they won't want to spend massive.

City have Haaland,

He'd need to take a paycut to join either of the Spanish teams,

PSG won't win the CL.

Bayern need a striker maybe? 

14 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Probably cash in on him.

Arsenal No,

City have Haaland,

PSG won't win the CL.

That's why I think Newcastle (especially if they get CL). No way Levy lets him walk for free, he's going to cash in on him and there's very few potential suitors it would appear.

16 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think we should put a cheeky bid in for him to be Watkins' understudy.

And in return Kane can show the Villa team his diving and acting skills......the cheating t**t.......

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

And in return Kane can show the Villa team his diving and acting skills......the cheating t**t.......

No, what would happen is as soon as he puts on a Villa shirt, he will get booked for all that.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Can't imagine Kane going abroad, he hasn't even learnt English yet.

There's that, and I think he's only 54 goals shy of Shearer's record for PL goals.

Kane won't go abroad, he wants the PL record and fair play, he's an excellent striker as well a cheating arse. I really hope we can do the double over these after so many years of struggling against them. I'm still angry about Benteke's red card in the home game in the 14/15 season! 

How much would Kane be valued at this summer? I see the figure of £100m being mentioned.

Seems a lot when he’s available for nothing the next season. Admittedly there would be a hell of a lot more competition for his signature at that point which would make clubs want to act sooner rather than later.

But say, Man Utd are content to pay £100m for him. Presumably this is with a view to win the league. I just don’t see him being the difference in that regard. They still won’t finish ahead of City.

And because I know it will be mentioned, yes, shirt sales etc.

Basically I’m just wondering how much of a hit Spurs (Levy) would be willing to take v how much a prospective club will feel they’ll exponentially benefit from the transfer.

Take Kane and Son (admittedly the latter hasn’t had his best season) out of that team and they aren’t even mid table. 

Those 2 have carried Spurs for years, they are in serious trouble when they leave. 

4 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Probably cash in on him.

Arsenal No,

City have Haaland,

PSG won't win the CL.

Villa have Watkins.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Folski said:

HIs options are very limited now, I think he will go to either United or maybe even Chelsea who also need a striker. Probably give him a 9 year deal

He wont have many takers in Europe 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Take Kane and Son (admittedly the latter hasn’t had his best season) out of that team and they aren’t even mid table. 

Those 2 have carried Spurs for years, they are in serious trouble when they leave. 

They'd considerably worsen (as would every team if you take out their two best players) - but worse than mid-table? Fighting relegation then? Nonsense.

Still have loads of good PL players; Lloris, Romero, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Richarlison would improve most teams in the league. I liked Spence at Forest and I think there is surely more to come from Bissouma too.

They're miles off the Poch era though. That team was exceptional in comparison to this one.

2 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

They'd considerably worsen (as would every team if you take out their two best players) - but worse than mid-table? Fighting relegation then? Nonsense.

Still have loads of good PL players; Lloris, Romero, Bentancur, Kulusevski and Richarlison would improve most teams in the league. I liked Spence at Forest and I think there is surely more to come from Bissouma too.

They're miles off the Poch era though. That team was exceptional in comparison to this one.

Bentancur getting injured cost them more than anything else this season. If Kane leaves it will free up resources for 2 or 3 new signings. Get them right and they will be a force again albeit unlikely to challenge for any titles.

6 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Bentancur getting injured cost them more than anything else this season. If Kane leaves it will free up resources for 2 or 3 new signings. Get them right and they will be a force again albeit unlikely to challenge for any titles.

But even if they get £100m for Kane how are they going to spend it? A world class striker isn’t going to Spurs and even someone half decent is going to cost upwards of £50m (see their shopping trip to Everton) 

They are in serious trouble when he leaves. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

But even if they get £100m for Kane how are they going to spend it? A world class striker isn’t going to Spurs and even someone half decent is going to cost upwards of £50m (see their shopping trip to Everton) 

They are in serious trouble when he leaves. 

My solution to everything is now “spend the money on getting in a top class manager” because then you don’t actually need that many new players.

18 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Not relegation but they have had nothing from the other attackers this season, 2 goals from Kulusevski, Moura and Richarlison combined. Richarlison mysteriously avoids these worst signings of the season lists

Lloris has been dreadful for 3 seasons or so now and only 7 teams have a worst defence in the league, and have the worst in the top 14

If you took out Kane and Son goals then Spurs and not played Richarlison and another up top they would have just 26 goals to go with 45 conceded

Â