Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Urrrggggghhhhhh, just came out of my job interview. I've got the awful feeling where I'm picking apart everything I think I did wrong. To much "ummmmm" before giving answers. Bollocks. I'll find out on Monday.

Gareth - 1) You cannot do anything about what was said so don't beat yourself up over it 2) if (as it probably will be) it goes well, then have a drink and look forward to the new role. If it doesn't then learn from what you think you made a mistake over, get feedback if possible and get positives out of it.

I'll be drinking either way drat01, cheers though. I've been here before and I tell myself that I should know how to feel/deal with it all but I don't think I've gotten into that job-hunt mindset. 'Tis difficult to think that way whilst still working, as nothing's changed in my day-to-day routine that would make me think on the finality of being made redundant. Either way self-reflectivity is definitely no replacement for imbibing; it's nearly 12 and I hear the local Wetherspoons calling me. 8)

Digressing back to the thread; new shoes. Do they all have to **** hurt like someone is rubbing my ankles with a cheese grater?!

I thought that #4060 was "Everytime you switch to a shorter checkout queue at the supermarket, the person behind you in the previous queue will still get through before you".
That's #4050.

I'm lucky in that once something is done I can just completely forget about it.

Had 3 exams this week. 2 went ok, yesterday's was really hard and I've probably failed. Everyone afterwards was discussing wat they'd done right and wrong and whether they thought they'd passed etc. I couldn't care less. I'll worry about it on Jan 13th when the results come out. There was even one bit where I was 50/50 as to whether I got a formula right. i haven't bothered checking.

If you can't change it there's nothign worth worrying about.

Had 3 exams this week. 2 went ok, yesterday's was really hard and I've probably failed. Everyone afterwards was discussing wat they'd done right and wrong and whether they thought they'd passed etc. I couldn't care less. I'll worry about it on Jan 13th when the results come out. There was even one bit where I was 50/50 as to whether I got a formula right. i haven't bothered checking.

I digress a little but how old are you Stevo? Your little Randy avatar keeps making me think you're 50. :D

I digress a little but how old are you Stevo? Your little Randy avatar keeps making me think you're 50. :D

Haha, I'm halfway to 50. I'm 24, 25 next month :)

When shops have websites that are seperate to the store - that is the prices don't match up and have differing offers.

I'll sometimes browse a few websites if I'm interested in getting something and likely to be popping out shortly, and increasingly I've found that shops websites don't actually match up with the store. Some still do, but they're on the wane.

This is extremely annoying. HMV are one of the big ones doing this and I'm shocked at how much more they charge in the actual shop for most items.

And yet - as mentioned on here a couple of days ago - they are selling the Twin Peaks gold box DVD in store for £20, and it's still £50 on their website!

I know where I'm going on my way home tonight! Thanks for the tip-off, Mike!

Thing is, with a name like Hellwig why did he even bother with a stage name? Surely you can work some entertaining character out of the Hellwig thing. A nightmarish heel character possessed by their own hair? I've seen far, far worse.

When shops have websites that are seperate to the store - that is the prices don't match up and have differing offers.

I'll sometimes browse a few websites if I'm interested in getting something and likely to be popping out shortly, and increasingly I've found that shops websites don't actually match up with the store. Some still do, but they're on the wane.

This is extremely annoying. HMV are one of the big ones doing this and I'm shocked at how much more they charge in the actual shop for most items.

And yet - as mentioned on here a couple of days ago - they are selling the Twin Peaks gold box DVD in store for £20, and it's still £50 on their website!

I know where I'm going on my way home tonight! Thanks for the tip-off, Mike!

(Worried) That was in Bradford. Can't guarantee the Brum shop wil lhave the same deal.

Â