Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

So causing an unnecessary disturbance over increased pay for uni (which is not mandatory) is standing up for your rights? Well I'll be damned. There was me thinking the government were voted in by these very same people.

My tax is far higher than I like, in fact my car insurance is extortion, maybe I should take to the streets in protest.

So causing an unnecessary disturbance over increased pay for uni (which is not mandatory) is standing up for your rights? Well I'll be damned. There was me thinking the government were voted in by these very same people.

My tax is far higher than I like, in fact my car insurance is extortion, maybe I should take to the streets in protest.

what a ludicrous thing to say, and your comparison is frankly mind boggling.

Increased Pay? Are you sure you know what you are arguing? I am sure you mean increased costs, and if you happen to actually read a bit more about the fees and costs, plus the other changes that are being imposed then you may look at things slightly different.

To say that this is an "unnecessary disturbance" is interesting. So no form of protest should happen is what you are saying. Protest by its definition is objection, how exactly do you suggest that people should show this objection, by a poll on VT?

Lastly you say that this Gvmt was voted in by "these people", a laughable statement. Maybe the words "Pledge" and "commitment" are not ones you are familiar with in respect to this Gvmt. A certain bunch of this Gvmt gave both that these changes would not happen, so maybe that goes a small way in explaining why people feel they have a genuine anger and a right to protest.

but rising uni fees to 9grand a year just for the studies is out of order completely. Im in first year of study and my fees are 3290 for the year, not including living costs, if fees rise to 9grand then its just going to stop lots of young people from the poorer/less well off backgrounds in having the opportunity, and only open it up to the already rich and wealthy. Sure you can get a student loan, but who wants to be 35k+ in debt after university, im currently going to be in 9grand (including living costs) of debt after this one year, but mine is only a 3 year course. In my honest opinion, it will be a form of discrimination.

And how often do governments keep their pledges? The fact of the matter is, the Tories are in power and if they decide to do something generally it goes through. I don't sympathise with the government, but if everything out of order done deserves a protest then its stupid.

Out of Interest when Labour introduced the tuition fees and top ups and what not .. were the students so keen to take to the streets and protest , or does it in fact show the true motivation behind the current protests , i.e it's not the What but the Who

Out of Interest when Labour introduced the tuition fees and top ups and what not .. were the students so keen to take to the streets and protest , or does it in fact show the true motivation behind the current protests , i.e it's not the What but the Who

Do you remember the pledges the Lib Dems signed up to when then courted the student vote?

That is why students are angry, not because of party allegiances as you imply.

absolutely Lax - the Gvmt supporters are keen to deflect any anger away to the previous Gvmt. The facts are simple though the changes that this Gvmt have brought in are excessive, vindictive and based on ideology rather than anything else. The fact that the LibDem's were making the tuition fees one of their key election promises have got a lot of people very angry when they have now tasted power.

Also Tony conveniently misses the point about how the introduction of tuition fees was dependent on Tory support in the HoC

Do you remember the pledges the Lib Dems signed up to when then courted the student vote?

I'm not so sure ....

This is really disappointing. I'm not happy that my MP said he would vote against the proposals then changed his mind.

"This has been a massive U-turn by MPs.

This is going to make it even worse. The government has betrayed its promises

"This discriminates against the middle classes.

all said by students in 2004 ... where was the rioting then though ?

So its the Lib Dems who the students are angry at? Weren't they attacking a Tory HQ building though the other week? :?

So going on a protest and causing criminal damage is okay now, because its okay to go on a march whenever the government **** you over?

As I said, I'm unhappy at the price of my car insurance, but what I'm doing to counter it is working slightly longer hours to get a bit extra money, not throwing my toys out of the pram and marching on my insurance company with a baying mob.

That and the Tories' 'pledge' on EMA.

So you believe every pledge spouted by a politician? You take every word as gospel? I certainly don't, in fact I tend to not believe anything politicians say.

So you believe every pledge spouted by a politician? You take every word as gospel? I certainly don't, in fact I tend to not believe anything politicians say.
What would you think if a politician said: "Everything I say is a lie"?

Â