Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The interesting chat I had with a Muslim chap in my lecture today, who kept preaching about how homosexuality is a choice, no one is born gay and how all homosexuals should be 'eradicated'. He was quite annoyed when I suggested that if being homosexual is a choice then surely following a religion is, to which he countered 'religion is a faith you are born with' and the 'Qu'ran wasn't written by any man' and that he has proof of this.. followed by a lot more mumbo-jumbo. The thing that worries me is, if he's willing to shout this around in public, what on earth is he doing in private?

Anyone got the number for MI5? :)

That is not surprising after something I read. On The Student rooms, there was a Gay Muslim, he said, he doesn't believe in his religion anymore as he was bought up that being Gay it's wrong and it's a choice by his family and said he can't even tell his family cause he thinks they will kick him out. He had a few friends he could talk too but even a lot of them are muslim and believes they wouldn't understand.

Sad really.

Another one, Being in a taxi by myself.

I remember not long ago being in a taxi, front seat as well, only person and he loved his cars....I have absolutely NO clue about cars, he then went a longer route to follow this car saying 'maaan, that's a nice car, what you reckon'....i was just like 'Yeah...it's decent'...then he asked me what i thought it was..reply "hard to tell from here".....he just kept going on and on and on and instead of a 15 min journey, was 25 mins talking about shite and making me feel akward.

Thought it couldn't get worse, next one I have, I could barely understand him, had to say "sorry could you repeat that" after everything he said. In the end, just nodded and agreed with anything he said. Embarrassing.

I always get handsy taxi drivers. Very uncomfortable.

There's a handsy bloke at the Garage about 2 minute walk from my house. My brother says he's a convincted peadofile, probably just joking for a laugh but seriously I'm buying like something worth £2-3 and he'll strike up a conversation and then when giving chance, he'll touch my hand and shake it (hand) He's about 60 and way too friendly.

If that's what you mean by 'handsy'... :lol:

The interesting chat I had with a Muslim chap in my lecture today, who kept preaching about how homosexuality is a choice, no one is born gay and how all homosexuals should be 'eradicated'. He was quite annoyed when I suggested that if being homosexual is a choice then surely following a religion is, to which he countered 'religion is a faith you are born with' and the 'Qu'ran wasn't written by any man' and that he has proof of this.. followed by a lot more mumbo-jumbo. The thing that worries me is, if he's willing to shout this around in public, what on earth is he doing in private?

That's the worst thing about religion IMO, homophobia :(

The IMVU ads appearing around the site at the moment. With my father and his step children wandering around behind me when I'm on VT, there's often a cartoon girl wearing very little splattered across my screen.

Of course it shouldn't piss me off, because I haven't made a donation to the site.

Relatives. I have two cousins who mean the World to me but the rest, meh... my mum's half of the family all died when I was young so I've only really known my Dad's side and a lot of the time I don't think I even care to.

It's a chaps birthday in the office, we've just had the generic stand round their desk whilst we give them a card and a comedy gift, and one of the women in the office bought him one of those cards with a tinny, shrill recording in it that plays when you open it. She stares at him waiting for him burst out with laughter at someone doing an awful impression of Del Boy, he forces a giggle......it's just excruciating.

The point I'm making is, cards with recordings in it. And people that buy them thinking they're funny. That pisses me off.

Â