Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

At work they are talking about cutting down the amount of people allowed off work at the same time, we are a team of 14 people and are allowed 2 people off on holiday at a time at the moment, even this can be a nightmare when it comes to bank holiday/summer/Xmas.

They are talking about lowering it to one person off at a time, I am pretty sure that with each person getting 25 days holiday a year (some people buy an extra 5 days so that takes them up to 30 days) that is more days holiday than there are working days (if that makes sense)

There is no way they can do it but it is annoying me just the fact they are talking about it

Am I correct that you work for an insurance company?

An insurance company that cannot work out simple maths like... 5 x 14 = 70 or Is 70 greater than 52?

I think you need a coup

Yup I work for an insurance company, it is amazing how shoddily things are done there though.

I confess that, whilst watching the news at lunch and the McCann story came on, I damn near choked laughing when the voice over said 'the McCanns accept they were negligent in leaving their children alone in an unlocked apartment, where Madeline was subsequently abducted, and say they pay the price for the guilt everyday', before they cut to Kate saying 'We've done nothing wrong'. Priceless but of editing.

I think you're being too harsh - I don't think they deserved to have their daughter abducted at all. Yes, they were negligent, but not on purpose, they were not abusive parents - they did not morally deserve to suffer.

Jeez...

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion I'd said they deserved to have their child abducted. I was laughing at the incongruity of the voiceover saying they accepted they'd done wrung immediately followed by a clip of Kate McCann saying that's done nothing wrong.

As said by others, it's blindingly obvious they were negligent. They seem to disagree. But either way I funny think they deserved to lose their child in such a manner (if that is what happened) and haven't suggested as such

You're really getting the hang of this :-)

Am I trying too hard to fit in? Will I stand out like a big, excitable northern puppy come my first game as a season ticket holder?

Edited by StigVillan

Stickers on items in shops.

On the face of it, one takes it as an indication of the proposed sale price (invitation to treat and wotnot); only later does one realize that it's the price that'd gladly be paid for some other bugger to get rid of the nigh on irremovable thing.

I confess that, whilst watching the news at lunch and the McCann story came on, I damn near choked laughing when the voice over said 'the McCanns accept they were negligent in leaving their children alone in an unlocked apartment, where Madeline was subsequently abducted, and say they pay the price for the guilt everyday', before they cut to Kate saying 'We've done nothing wrong'. Priceless but of editing.

I think you're being too harsh - I don't think they deserved to have their daughter abducted at all. Yes, they were negligent, but not on purpose, they were not abusive parents - they did not morally deserve to suffer.

Jeez...

Chinders is not saying they did deserve to have their daughter abducted. He's saying, I believe, that they were certainly very negligent parents, to do what they did.

And this I agree with, completely.

One big assumption seems to be going on here. Why is it accepted fact suddenly that the child was indeed abducted?

There are other scenarios

Jeez...

Chinders is not saying they did deserve to have their daughter abducted. He's saying, I believe, that they were certainly very negligent parents, to do what they did.

And this I agree with, completely.

One big assumption seems to be going on here. Why is it accepted fact suddenly that the child was indeed abducted?

There are other scenarios

You'll be wanting the conspiracy thread :)

Idiots on eBay.

No matter how much you know exactly how something is going to go, you just can't stop it.

Some brainiac that would rival some of the sharpest tools we have in on-topic on the clue-meter, is buying my car stereo on eBay.

He's bought it, then starts asking questions. Questions he should have asked before the auction ended and he bought it.

Before the end, I even offered _twice_ to cancel his bids because he didn't know what he was looking at.

He's taken 5 days to pay, each day with another excuse, until finally I've just had a payment. I know that I'll send it, he'll find something wrong, then decide he doesn't want it.

Every time I say, in the nicest way, 'it's a bit late for these types of questions', I get a single response like 'I was only asking'.

I want to just refund the payment and tell him to **** off. But I'll feel I'm being unreasonable if I do that, because yes, he is just asking questions.

But I know how it's going to go down and I'm powerless to stop it.

• Like 1

Idiots on eBay.

No matter how much you know exactly how something is going to go, you just can't stop it.

Some brainiac that would rival some of the sharpest tools we have in on-topic on the clue-meter, is buying my car stereo on eBay.

He's bought it, then starts asking questions. Questions he should have asked before the auction ended and he bought it.

Before the end, I even offered _twice_ to cancel his bids because he didn't know what he was looking at.

He's taken 5 days to pay, each day with another excuse, until finally I've just had a payment. I know that I'll send it, he'll find something wrong, then decide he doesn't want it.

Every time I say, in the nicest way, 'it's a bit late for these types of questions', I get a single response like 'I was only asking'.

I want to just refund the payment and tell him to **** off. But I'll feel I'm being unreasonable if I do that, because yes, he is just asking questions.

But I know how it's going to go down and I'm powerless to stop it.

Donkeys exist in every facet of life...sadly they seem to be breeding like rabbits.

Assbunnies I call them.  :mellow:

Selling on ebay is asking for trouble these days. Especially if you use Paypal. The bastards always side with the buyers even when they're demonstrably lying. Ebay/Paypal will shit all over people who sell on there, in favour of idiot customers.

• Like 1

I think I'm done with eBay now.

If you sell anything over £30 they take away a massive % in charges, then you have the PayPal cut to go with it.

I sold 2 things for about £250 and I had a nice £35-40 bill to pay afterwards.

Â