Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

I don't even know what Ad-Blu is? I'm guessing its something for diesels? I've never owned one. Even when there was a big push on them about 20 years back. 

Basically 30% pig piss, 70% water. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

An additive for more modern diesel engines.

Luckily mine is 22 years old and still going strong, no additives required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Day off

Kids woke up at 5.30am

words removed 

It's the most joyous day of your life when they reach an age you can agree they're OK to just get on with it by themselves. Bliss. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's the most joyous day of your life when they reach an age you can agree they're OK to just get on with it by themselves. Bliss. 

We had a rule they could watch their tablet in bed from 7 if they were quiet. I’d always be up before 8.

Nowadays I’m up first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It was a two stage thing with our first. She was capable of getting up, getting herself a bowl of cereal and watching kids' TV. BUT... then the cat started coming up and pestering us for his breakfast. So the nipper was given the job of feeding the cat. From that point, everybody was happy. 

• Like 1

On 08/02/2024 at 08:17, foreveryoung said:

They say shoplifting is not going to be a arrestable offence, as we are in a cost of living crisis. Then cry the place down when the figures for shoplifting have never been so high. Strange that?

I understand that in some states in the US of A, the threshold is something near a thousand dollars, before theft counts as a crime.

In Chicago they have what they call "scarecrow" policing in districts with high-end stores, which basically means police cars parked every hundred yards.

The trouble is that the police can't deal with big mobs and are not allowed to chase suspects.

It sounds like a typical solution thought up by criminologists, and no doubt, coming here soon.

The affect on poor inner-city areas is devestating because the locals without transport pay higher prices for lower quality food.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We had a rule they could watch their tablet in bed from 7 if they were quiet. I’d always be up before 8.

Nowadays I’m up first.

As soon as he can understand it this is what we'll be doing. 

We're currently stuck between the tablet keeping him quiet for an hour when he's up at 5am and it acting as an incentive for him to get up at that time.

As soon as he has any concept of time I'll be doing what you did

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We're currently stuck between the tablet keeping him quiet for an hour when he's up at 5am and it acting as an incentive for him to get up at that time.

My advice is to find Baby Mozart. Think it's on YouTube. It's like a child tranquiliser dart. Amazing. 

If you can get a DVD off Ebay all the better. 

I should try pirating my copy. It's a long time out of production though. 

I think Disney bought them out so it's a small possibility it may be on Disney plus 

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You can get clocks which change colour at a certain time so they know from the colour what they can or can’t do. That could be an option.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

You can get clocks which change colour at a certain time so they know from the colour what they can or can’t do. That could be an option.

That's exactly what we were thinking of doing actually, some sort of light signal that shows him when he can get up

• Like 1

Don't want to turn it too dark, but my parents locked me in my bedroom, I left it when they let me out. I wouldn't recommend that though, perhaps just give them an ipad.

• Shocked 1

My son went to bed 6pm yesterday and at half 9 this morning I had to wake him to check he hadn't got brain damage or something.

Last 2 nights he's slept through for the first time ever without even a grunt, bottle or squeal.

He was fine btw.

My body clock woke me up at 4am. word removed.

This seems the closest they have on YouTube. 

It's not the full thing and I don't think entirely the original but it's close. 

Mozart was the only one that worked, ignore the others (my kids did) 

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Ring doorbell subscription going up 100% in 2 years. First world problems

Very much so, but it has me considering non subscription alternatives.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Very much so, but it has me considering non subscription alternatives.

I’ve just cancelled my subscription (citing ‘Price’ as the reason!) and will go with the free functions. I think it basically just works like normal, except for you either don’t get to see the videos unless they’re live, or they only save for 24 hours (I’ve seen different comments online) instead of 2 weeks or whatever it is.

We already have 4 security cameras that record to a box and store for 4+ weeks, so Ring can do one!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Say hello to my little friend...

Screenshot_20240209_165418_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

Â