Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Watching a Bowie doc on Sky Arts. Deep into it and realise they don't have any rights to the music. No Bowie music used at all. 

Stardust?

Its awful. Bowie’s estate didn’t approve documentary and refused permission for the music.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Stardust?

Its awful. Bowie’s estate didn’t approve documentary and refused permission for the music.

This one was called the man who changed the world. Archival interviews and it jumped all over the place, using Low footage when talking about Ziggy. A few facts wrong as well, but the main point was the lack of music 

• Haha 1

My house is on a short shared driveway with 4 other houses. We’re lucky that in front of our houses is a tree line / mini woodland.

2 of the other 4 houses are occupied by OAP’s and are obsessed with picking up the leaves that fall from the trees at this time of year. About 3x a week they are out with leaf blowers / lawnmowers to get the leaves up from the slice of the area directly in front of their houses.

The noise is annoying, but the weird obsession with getting the leaves up annoys me, but shouldn’t.

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

My house is on a short shared driveway with 4 other houses. We’re lucky that in front of our houses is a tree line / mini woodland.

2 of the other 4 houses are occupied by OAP’s and are obsessed with picking up the leaves that fall from the trees at this time of year. About 3x a week they are out with leaf blowers / lawnmowers to get the leaves up from the slice of the area directly in front of their houses.

The noise is annoying, but the weird obsession with getting the leaves up annoys me, but shouldn’t.

There is a woman round the corner from me who is clearly OCD about her driveway / pavement / grass verge. 

She's out there multiple times a day even outside leaf fall sweeping up.  And she does it with a dustpan and brush bending her back right over. She's going to have terrible back pain in later life. 

I've often wondered how she manages this time of year as more leaves are falling around her as she sweeps. 

I only see her for a moment as I drive past but I reckon she's out there first thing in the morning till last thing at night. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is a woman round the corner from me who is clearly OCD about her driveway / pavement / grass verge. 

She's out there multiple times a day even outside leaf fall sweeping up.  And she does it with a dustpan and brush bending her back right over. She's going to have terrible back pain in later life. 

I've often wondered how she manages this time of year as more leaves are falling around her as she sweeps. 

I only see her for a moment as I drive past but I reckon she's out there first thing in the morning till last thing at night. 

They must get really stressed about it, and aso stressed about the fact that the other 3 home owners just leave them. I tend to wait until all the leaves are down and then do 1 big clear up (throw them back into the wooded area).

The neighbour directly opposite who washes his car religiously every Saturday morning, starting at 8am! I wouldn’t mind if he was quiet but a pressure washer noise at 8am every Saturday morning p%^*#% me right off. All weathers as well, which again annoys me when it’s raining. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

It should not bother me but c'est la vie.

Bookies are not thinking anything, but they are adjusting the odds to the betting patterns.

And if they are thinking anything, it is 'thank you' to the punters for their hard-earned cash.

They do employ staff, whose job is to set the prices and they are held responsible if they get it badly wrong. The price does also reflect the betting markets, but it started out at 4/1, so those layers had made us clear favourites, before any money had been placed by punters. If they really didn't fancy us strongly, they would have made us say 6/1, that would have attracted more bets and we would have still been favourites, but they would have lost more money, if as they anticipate we do lift the trophy. 

2 minutes ago, John said:

They do employ staff, whose job is to set the prices and they are held responsible if they get it badly wrong. The price does also reflect the betting markets, but it started out at 4/1, so those layers had made us clear favourites, before any money had been placed by punters. If they really didn't fancy us strongly, they would have made us say 6/1, that would have attracted more bets and we would have still been favourites, but they would have lost more money, if as they anticipate we do lift the trophy. 

I suspect any bookies that didn't computerise their odds calculations stopped being bookies on the 80s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Went to mow the grass, hadn't charged the batteries. Now all my plans are out of sync. 

This is why i’ll never get a cordless electric mower or vacuum. I just know that scenario will arise and piss me off.

3 hours ago, John said:

The price does also reflect the betting markets, but it started out at 4/1, so those layers had made us clear favourites, before any money had been placed by punters.

So they have to make an initial estimate of how the betting will go.

3 hours ago, John said:

If they really didn't fancy us strongly, they would have made us say 6/1

Again they don't care who they fancy ... They initially have to estimate what the betting will be.

3 hours ago, John said:

but they would have lost more money

Perhaps they would have not made as much money on the initial bets or as you say lost money on the early bets. But, ultimately the odds of the subsequent bets will take into account the early estimates of what the betting will be. They will have algorithms and as limpid suggests those digital thingies.

• Like 2

I like pubs. I like dogs. I don't mind well behaved dogs in pubs, as long as they are kept away from diners. 

I was in a pub on Thursday and there was an out of control dog in there. Not running around, just going mental barking and yelping for 30 seconds every time someone passed their table.. which was often as it was by the bar! The owner, a bloke, then kept shouting at the dog to be quiet every time to no avail. Not the dogs fault, he''s obviously not been trained. The barking was going straight through me and I had to make an early exit. 

What pissed me off is the landlord/barman never said anything to the owner of the dog. 

• Like 2

Â