theunderstudy

25 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

New chant for @StefanAVFC

"Big house but no road

New house but noooooo rooooaaaad

I'm not joking

Nice house but no road"

Followed by "wannnnkkeerrrrrrr" and a few hand gestures 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

His car skids when he’s parking, skids when he’s parrrrrrking.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Stop moaning about a few grand for a bastard road then you to tight-wadded git :lol:

Well engineered trap 👏 Done 'im like a kipper there :lol:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yes but I have a 4 bedroom house with a nice sized garden with a mortgage of around 80 grand whilst earning uk money so 😙

At those prices I’d say “sod your road, if I’m being made to pay for my section of the dirt path then I’ll build an extension right across it on both sides”

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I think we’ve both said the same thing?

You can drive around any town in the U.K. and find unadapted roads. Some, because they are still working on the development of a new estate. Some, because they never got sign off all those years ago and they will be forever pot holed rubbishy patched up roads that end with a line of sleepers noting where the adopted highway starts.

You can, but if you're putting planning permission in in the UK now for a development of houses then proper access roads have to be part of the plans.

Maybe it varies by area, and maybe there are exceptions, but as a rule of thumb that's the case

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You can, but if you're putting planning permission in in the UK now for a development of houses then proper access roads have to be part of the plans.

Maybe it varies by area, and maybe there are exceptions, but as a rule of thumb that's the case

Yes, that’s pretty much always been the case. 

Then with the plans agreed for (say made up figures) a 4.5 metre wide access road with a maximum dead end of 16 metres. The developer manages to build a 4.4 metre wide access road with a dead end of 16.5 metres.

The developer says it makes no difference and would cost £75,000 to alter and involve taking 100mm off a garden someone has already bought and that would need the deeds to be altered. The local fire officer says 4.5 is the minimum as stated from the start for getting their fire engines on to the estate and 16 metres is the maximum length of a hose and don’t forget the council drain cleaning lorry can’t turn around in 4.4 metres without mounting the pavement…

And magically, years later it still isn’t resolved and the same house builder is still accidentally saving the same pennies on other new estates elsewhere in the same town. 

See also: ‘yes, we will also provide shops and a playground and other amenities if you let us build these 500 houses… we’ll just build the houses first…’

• Like 1

Â