Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Maybe people should be strapped into a crash dummies test when they're learning so they know what it feels like before the inevitable happens on the road.

I'm afraid I came up with a far better solution years ago, but for some reason neither car manufacturers nor governments have taken it up yet.

Spikes.

Great big bloody spikes sticking out of the steering wheel about a centimeter from the chest. If all cars had huge spikes/swords pointing directly at the drivers heart, mere milimteres away perhaps, quite possibly, people would drive like it effected their life?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm afraid I came up with a far better solution years ago, but for some reason neither car manufacturers nor governments have taken it up yet.

Spikes.

Great big bloody spikes sticking out of the steering wheel about a centimeter from the chest. If all cars had huge spikes/swords pointing directly at the drivers heart, mere milimteres away perhaps, quite possibly, people would drive like it effected their life?

You've met humanity. Some would. Some wouldn't. But both would suffer in the aftermath.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Spikes.

Great point.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 15:53, mjmooney said:

I have a decent laptop that I use for music production, but I didn't want to use it for other stuff (genealogy, photography stuff, general home office work, etc.), so I bought a cheap'n'cheerful one. It's absolutely fine, does the job... but what dingbat thought it was a good idea to have light grey characters on silver keys? 

IMG20230705154646.jpg

Problem solved. A cheap set of stick-on labels from that nice Mister Bezos. 

IMG20230815180354.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Spikes.

You never got that job at the DMV, did you? ;)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Spikes.

Naaah. You can take spikes off. I suggested police snipers on motorway bridges so that anyone not in the far left lane unless overtaking could be shot on the spot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Problem solved. A cheap set of stick-on labels from that nice Mister Bezos. 

IMG20230815180354.jpg

Do the keys not light up on the keyboard when you switch it on?

I have a HP one similar to yours where they light up when you switch it on, so it makes it easier to see the letters and handy if you're working in dark areas.

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Do the keys not light up on the keyboard when you switch it on?

I have a HP one similar to yours where they light up when you switch it on, so it makes it easier to see the letters and handy if you're working in dark areas.

No. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I found you a nice new phone as well Mike

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKiFC7bc846CPaWaTJqa0

Ha ha. I'm not that bad yet! I didn't choose the labels for the size of the characters, just for the black/white contrast. In fact I was quite surprised by the font size. It's fine, though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

Those are easily found on Ebay, dunno about new old stock though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=265986-011&_sacat=0

I was immediately on ebay looking for a like for like replacement and then my wife passed me a newer version, I dont ask for much, a wired optical mouse with a scroll wheel, anything less and that's me done. As a side note and an indicator of my age according to my daughter, upon getting a new laptop the first thing I do is turn off tap to click on the laptop mouse pad.

• Like 1

Â