Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Jet lag. What a bugger. Two weeks in the US last month and it wasn’t too bad but I’m just back from a week in Vancouver and I feel like I’m having an out of body experience. I suspect a week there was just long enough to mess up my body clock so now I’m all over the place. The sooner someone invents a transmogrifyer, the happier we will all be. 

39 minutes ago, choffer said:

Jet lag. What a bugger. Two weeks in the US last month and it wasn’t too bad but I’m just back from a week in Vancouver and I feel like I’m having an out of body experience. I suspect a week there was just long enough to mess up my body clock so now I’m all over the place. The sooner someone invents a transmogrifyer, the happier we will all be. 

Carrot juice is always cited as helpful.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Did they even explain the delay? 

Yes.

The flat is currently between tenants. The owner was round last Friday checking the place over, and he dropped the keys when he left. He didn't need to come back until Wednesday to show someone around. 

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yes.

The flat is currently between tenants. The owner was round last Friday checking the place over, and he dropped the keys when he left. He didn't need to come back until Wednesday to show someone around. 

Well done, Alex. This should be for the things that cheer you up thread but I'm not posting it in there as it happened years ago.  I once lost my wallet. It contained all of my cards etc and I was in a panic.  After looking around where I had been for ages (even asking local places if anyone had handed anything in), I went back home super stressed thinking I need to start cancelling the cards.  Got there and propped at my front door was a little cardboard box containing my wallet.  I probably would have preferred someone to have left a note like you did but the postie leaves packages next to resident's doors inside all of the time as it's pretty secure.  I was very grateful for the person who did that (I still don't know who, and I'm guessing I dropped it somehow when taking down the rubbish bags or something before going out).  

• Thanks 1

When someone hasn't dried their clothes properly so they have that horrible clean, but damp smell.

It's so strong, and I don't understand how people don't realise they stink of it

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, trekka said:

I once lost my wallet. It contained all of my cards etc and I was in a panic

My daughter lost her wallet at a French campsite while interrailing round Europe with her mate. Passport, phone, bank cards and cash. The guy that found it, looked up 'Dad' in the phone contacts, called and told me he'd handed it in at the camp office. I rang her mate and told her. All sorted. 

My gf just bought a new smart telly. She did have a non smart telly, and paid Virgin lots per month for a recording box as well as the broadband. 

With the price rises we worked out it would be cheaper to buy a new smart telly and use that for recording. It's ace. Does all the things you'd expect except one. 

You can't record from the EPG. 

You know, like every other machine has been able to do since 2010? Go to the guide, soft a show coming up, set it to record. Or record the whole series. Obviously this was her most used feature on the Virgin box. 

Nope. This one you have manually input the channel, days, start time and end time. You can then opt to repeat daily, weekly or monthly. I bet it can take **** videoplus codes too. 

It's like buying a new laptop to find out it can only communicate by fax. 

Guess what Toshiba? It's going back. 

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Yes.

I can't imagine being so disinterested in something I own as valuable as that, that you would potentially leave the keys outside it for 5 days. People are very very weird. 

53 minutes ago, Anthony said:

There's a blast from the past! Didn't realise they were still around. One of the Japanese giants that seem to be have usurped by the Koreans and Chinese now. 

My first laptop was a Toshiba. Think it was a Satellite. Weighed about the same as one and cost me about 2 months salary at the time! 

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

My gf just bought a new smart telly. She did have a non smart telly, and paid Virgin lots per month for a recording box as well as the broadband. 

With the price rises we worked out it would be cheaper to buy a new smart telly and use that for recording. It's ace. Does all the things you'd expect except one. 

You know, like every other machine has been able to do since 2010? Go to the guide, soft a show coming up, set it to record. Or record the whole series. Obviously this was her most used feature on the Virgin box. 

Nope. This one you have manually input the channel, days, start time and end time. You can then opt to repeat daily, weekly or monthly. I bet it can take **** videoplus codes too. 

Can’t she get a barebones basic subscription with something like Virgin to have all the recording functionality? 

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Recording is on the way out, whatever she wants to watch should be streamable.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Recording is on the way out, whatever she wants to watch should be streamable.

I thought recording was dead. I haven't recorded TV since the days of VHS tapes. 

• Like 1

I still record the occasional thing. The other night I saw “I’m Alright Jack” was showing on freeview - forget which channel, not one of the bigger ones anyway, no iplayer, 4OD option. Never seen it, so set it to record as I didn’t want to watch it at that moment.

It appears I could pay to watch it on either Prime or Apple TV - I have neither. Maybe I could find it elsewhere but for a few seconds work I can see it when I like for nothing and no real bother. Might watch it tonight, depends on how events in Newcastle unfold.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

As per the final sentence of the above post. I was enjoying not potentially having my weekend soured by football. Wasn’t ready to give that up just yet.

Oh well, back in the saddle again.

Yes, I know what you mean. There is a serenity to weekends when there is no football. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Yes.

Glad to say myself and Waynetta have viewed and now signed a long term lease. See ya soon to say Howdy neighbour !

PS - Is there a Big John's nearby ?

• Haha 1

Â