Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Vroom. Vrrrrooom. Vrrrrooooom.

Pop pop of exhaust or whatever.

You **** look 42 mate. You're bald as a cout. And it's a **** fiesta you absolute **** gimp.

Shut the **** up.

I always assume anyone in a noisy modded Fiesta or Polo is the type to be hanging around the school gates to pick up their girlfriend.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I always assume anyone in a noisy modded Fiesta or Polo is the type to be hanging around the school gates to pick up their girlfriend.

My thoughts generally go along the lines of, "That's a lot of effort just to tell someone you live with your mum."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My 5 year old son is best friends with two girls and has been since before joining Reception class about 18 months ago. 

It's one of the girls birthday parties today and it's 'girls only' and every girl in the class had been invited.

However he hasn't been despite being one of the best friends purely because he's a boy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

My 5 year old son is best friends with two girls and has been since before joining Reception class about 18 months ago. 

It's one of the girls birthday parties today and it's 'girls only' and every girl in the class had been invited.

However he hasn't been despite being one of the best friends purely because he's a boy.

What the **** is that about. You can guarantee the parents have deemed it girls only. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

Goat now being used for people who are fairly good.

Selfie being used for any photograph. 

Even on BBC News they talked about Zelensky stopping for a selfie with Sunak when they were just stood next to each other having their photo taken. 

He wasn't there phone in hand looking into it. They were just posing for a photo. 

It drives ya barmy Tom. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What the **** is that about. You can guarantee the parents have deemed it girls only. 

I think it's a way to try and keep costs down instead if inviting the full class which I can understand. However they could have made an exception. 

My worry is this becomes a trend with single sex parties. He's a fairly quiet kid and more into doing quiet/imaginative/art play then running around like a loon and as such whilst he's friends with other boys he's not best friends with any of them.

He's only young though and suspect a lot will change in the next few years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I think it's a way to try and keep costs down instead if inviting the full class which I can understand. However they could have made an exception. 

My worry is this becomes a trend with single sex parties. He's a fairly quiet kid and more into doing quiet/imaginative/art play then running around like a loon and as such whilst he's friends with other boys he's not best friends with any of them.

He's only young though and suspect a lot will change in the next few years. 

If other parents don't follow suit it won't become a thing.

34 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

If other parents don't follow suit it won't become a thing.

There's already chat among the Mum's that they will. 

They want to cut costs but several are quite traditional and think genders shouldn't mix.

Shame really.

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

They want to cut costs but several are quite traditional and think genders shouldn't mix.

Which tradition is this? Will they be advocating for separate schools? Or are they going for no education for girls.at all?

Traditionally pink is the colour for boys and girls wear blue. They flipped only in the last 100 years or so. Tradition is whatever you want it to be.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

Which tradition is this? Will they be advocating for separate schools? Or are they going for no education for girls.at all?

Traditionally pink is the colour for boys and girls wear blue. They flipped only in the last 100 years or so. Tradition is whatever you want it to be.

Traditional as in old school mentality or parents projecting onto their kids.

It seems to come more from the Mum's than the Dad's. It's the same ones who were getting very worked up when the PTA said that they wanted kids to go to the disco in their uniforms (to save time on getting changed). Apparently several 5 year girls were absolutely devastated that they couldn't wear a party dress. 

I don't agree with it and think it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

That’s so weird. My son is also best friends with 2 girls since the age of 5 (now all aged 10). The 3 of them are inseparable. At all of their bday parties, they only invite each other and no-one else and have sleepovers. I don’t have the heart to tell him that in a couple of years, he won’t be invited to these sleepovers anymore!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's not possible to see the down votes on YouTube videos but the up votes are visible,  I don't understand. 

Why have 2 options to choose but only allow participants in voting only one side of the result result to be shown?

image.png.410d97ac287d737c89313cab7625a84d.png

It was removed last year, ostensibly to counter downvoting brigades from trolls, but IMO it's fairly likely to mitigate it upsetting their big corporate customers when their content was demonstrably unpopular.

• Thanks 1

On 11/02/2023 at 11:35, rodders0223 said:

Vroom. Vrrrrooom. Vrrrrooooom.

Pop pop of exhaust or whatever.

You **** look 42 mate. You're bald as a cout. And it's a **** fiesta you absolute **** gimp.

Shut the **** up.

It is annoying but you have to accept that for the young and the poverty-stricken its all about fantasy and not about status.

Anyone who visited the Eastern bloc countries few years ago will have seen some outrageous monstrosities of modded Ladas with blowing exhausts and planks of wood as spoilers.

Boomers will remember the "go-faster" tape which was fashionable in the 1960s, which looked great on a rusty A35.

Hednesford raceway is still going:

https://youtu.be/ueuShwn80VE

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

It's not possible to see the down votes on YouTube videos but the up votes are visible,  I don't understand. 

Why have 2 options to choose but only allow participants in voting only one side of the result result to be shown?

image.png.410d97ac287d737c89313cab7625a84d.png

I'd imagine the logic is it's more to do with your algorithm. If you downvote something then you're less likely to get similar videos recommended to you. So how many people have done so isn't really relevant for that purpose.

Of course you could say the same about likes, but I guess as it's seen as positive it doesn't matter

• Like 1

Â