Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Probably been done but people turning right out of a wide road mouth who hog the middle of the road stopping people taking an easy left.

Drives me insane.

I have the opposite issue. Right by our office I have to make a right. I'm always positioned at the apex of the white lines but the road is not wide enough fortwo vehicles. Absolutely sick of knobheads mounting the pavement to turn left before me. They shouldn't be there and their presence and actions are a clear and present danger to me, others and themselves

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The Mrs just came back from the supermarket with a Turkey, just in case they run out…

The annual news about shortages is working it’s magic again.

I did the same with some mince pies, except their use by date is November. So I’ve eaten them all now instead 😋

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The Mrs just came back from the supermarket with a Turkey, just in case they run out…

The annual news about shortages is working it’s magic again.

Lets hope his pals don't find you

4fc.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Definitely the right thread for this, but I dislike mince pies. I wish I liked them as they are everywhere at Christmas.

I like mince pies but I'm the same with christmas cake/christmas pudding

I guess I'll eat them in a kind of "It's tradition so I'll get a slice down me" sort of way. But neither is nice

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

When asked by me if they like mince pies, one of my colleagues once said “No, I can’t eat them, I don’t eat red meat!”

Followed by genuine shock that a 38 year old woman had always believed it was minced beef inside.

I’m happy that people don’t like them, more for me then :)

Of course they did originally as meat was cheap and fruit supremely expensive. Gradually the fruit content increased as fruit became more commonplace and people wanted to show off how decadent they were till eventually the meat was pushed out altogether. 

• Like 1

i've got a cookie factory story on mince pies, we had a downturn at the factory in November / December and someone there found out that M&S had rejected truckloads of mince pies from their supplier, basically if any of the juice broke the crust they got rejected by M&S quality control, we bought them, literally truckloads, I'm not sure how many thousands but it was a **** lot! we set up the production line and had the guys cut the top off with a knife, stick a blob of squirty cream in there (kw) then put the top back on at a fancy angle and then sold them to BHS as a luxury item, 2 shifts a day for a month...and they couldn't keep up, we had too many mince pies, i could have taken a box home a day (maybe 40-60 pies in each box) i was selling them at the farm shop my brother was working at, i ate so many i exhausted it, a thousand of them probably came my way, there were so many that we didnt actually finish them so they were "scrap" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s not even the middle of October ffs! Shut up about Christmas and mince pies people! Good lord. 

There has been dedicated Christmas movie channels on Freeview for at least a month.

spacer.png

• Sad 1

The Costa Friday treat day advert is so flipping annoying.  And it's on all the bloody time.

YES I STILL DO LISTEN TO THE RADIO BEFORE ANYONE ASKS WHO STILL DOES THAT

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Costa Friday treat day advert is so flipping annoying.  And it's on all the bloody time.

YES I STILL DO LISTEN TO THE RADIO BEFORE ANYONE ASKS WHO STILL DOES THAT

Well at least if you say the word "wireless" folk will presume you're on about the WiFi situation 😉

9 hours ago, bickster said:

One of my colleagues put on a xmas music channel in the office.

He will be gaffer taped to his chair when he comes out of his meeting

An entire team in our office has had tinsel and other christmas decorations covering their block of desks for about 2/3 weeks now and they somehow keep adding more.

I'm pretty sure they're not even the team that deals with our Christmas planning/promotions.

Â