Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Talking of Morrisons. Was in there earlier getting something for dinner. Noticed at the meat counter they were bagging different items up for reduced price and putting them on the side. The reduced tag wasn’t on them yet so thought I’d stand back and give the lady chance to tag them up for whatever price. The moment the first yellow reduced tag when in the first item a swarm of people literally came from nowhere hovering around her. One woman was picking stuff up before it had been tagged. Pissed me off for two reasons, one being just wait patiently and the other being well there goes all the nice stuff. I got left with 3 fish fingers for 54p and a jumbo sausage for 36p . 

My Mrs was in there earlier, got some nice chops for 40p

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh if we're doing supermarket moans, I was in the checkout queue in Home Bargains earlier and some woman taps me on the shoulder and says...

"I'm sorry but you've pushed in the queue my daughter was before you"

I turn around to see a child of no more than 5 stood behind me and a mother who wasn't there before with a  big basket.

"So she can go before me and you're after me is that ok?"

thought not

I often wonder how on earth are they are so cheap. You can fill a trolley  completely and spend no more than 60 quid tops and clean the house for months, They do some nice one off curry sauces as well

Edited by Follyfoot

37 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I often wonder how on earth are they are so cheap. You can fill a trolley  completely and spend no more than 60 quid tops and clean the house for months, They do some nice one off curry sauces as well

Working on site I’ve always kept an eye on toilet roll and cleaning products which they usually store in a container. People used to take the piss that I’d take packets of toilet roll home . These days I keep two eyes on toilet roll and cleaning spray etc . Haven’t bought any toilet roll for months and still got loads of anti bacterial spray from the last lot I robbed. 

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Scouse buisness sense

I'm not sure if it pisses me off necessarily but I hadn't appreciated until today that 12 of the last 15 prime ministers went to Oxford university. Sunak also did. Haha sorry as I type this on my phone, autocorrect changed Sunak to snakes.

Anyway back on the point, is this because they are supposed brightest, elite thinkers? But surely this 'out of touch with normal people' angle just goes on and on. If you go to the best school, college and university you will likely have never faced adversity, or relatively much challenge or adversity. Just seems odd that this conveyor belt of elite elites is not challenged/interrupted or can it not be?

13 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Talking of Morrisons. Was in there earlier getting something for dinner. Noticed at the meat counter they were bagging different items up for reduced price and putting them on the side. The reduced tag wasn’t on them yet so thought I’d stand back and give the lady chance to tag them up for whatever price. The moment the first yellow reduced tag when in the first item a swarm of people literally came from nowhere hovering around her. One woman was picking stuff up before it had been tagged. Pissed me off for two reasons, one being just wait patiently and the other being well there goes all the nice stuff. I got left with 3 fish fingers for 54p and a jumbo sausage for 36p . 

Welcome to Truss’s Britain. You want some good value fresh food? You gonna have to cut someone for it. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m a bargain hunter in the shops, so always on the look out for cheap food. 

Me too, pisses me off that combo fridge freezers always have such a small freezer compartment, I need one the other way around, buy cheap and freeze, buy all your Indian / Chinese / Italian products in bulk as the supermarkets rotate the offers 

• Like 1

Its that time of year again when I have to argue with the wife and her family that cold weather doesn't cause a cold...

Due to yesterday going to a heated indoor swimming pool where the air temperature was really warm but the water wasn't heated enough, my kids were shivering I had to take them out

15 hours ago, Xela said:

The soundtrack of Asda Minworth is screaming kids. What an absolute hell-hole. 

I'll see your "Asda Minworth",  I go all in on on "The Fort".  The original Hell Hole. 

It was awful when it opened,  I have not been there for 15 years though so maybe it is a shining light of all shopping experiences now ?

People who finish the London marathon like they have just been for a walk in the park.

Kevin SInfield ex Rugby star on the radio the other day talking about doing 7 ultra marathons (100km) in 7 days. He did 100 mile in 24 hours for MND last year, the guys not human, bloody super hero.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I'll see your "Asda Minworth",  I go all in on on "The Fort".  The original Hell Hole. 

It was awful when it opened,  I have not been there for 15 years though so maybe it is a shining light of all shopping experiences now ?

A mate of mine (now sadly departed) was an experienced door man and ran his own security firm for years (he also "did" the top gate on trinity Road on matchdays) well.....he once popped in to the Fort jester pub, near that shopping place, for a couple of beers during one early evening....said he couldn't wait to get out of the place and he wasn't exactly the run away from trouble type.

• Like 2

Another hospital moan, from the dangerous to the farcical. We've gone from 2 members of staff for 9 or 10 patients, requiring leaving children unsupervised, to this weekend having the entire ward to ourselves. Today, there are 4 nurses sat at reception, having a chat while my daughter is the only patient in 25 beds, it was the same yesterday.

But they're still enforcing the visiting rules so I've got to leave while her nan visits, because having 3 visitors is a violation of the covid rules, and there is no room for any flexibility in the rules. Is it to protect the other 0 patients? To protect the staff who have poked their heads in once since 9am? To stop the other 0 patients seeing and wanting an extra visitor too? The nurses are fine with it, but some useless, petty middle manager has declared that rules are rules, and brains must not be engaged.

I made sure I put my mask on for the walk from the bedside to the door, just to keep all the other patients safe:rolleyes:

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just been overpayed by work, £500.

I've been honest and told them.

So, why do I feel like a mug?

🤔

You aren't a mug at all. They'd do an audit at some point then end up paying you £500 less when you are least expecting it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Just been overpayed by work, £500.

I've been honest and told them.

So, why do I feel like a mug?

🤔

As Bicks said, the chances of them not noticing are pretty slim, so you may as well play the good employee card and give it back rather than save it, or worse spend it, and end up having to give it back

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

I think it’s illegal to spend money you know you were paid in error.

My MIL (bloody nightmare) was overpaid when she left her job. They are chasing her for it after she spent it all. They are threatening all sorts of legal action, debt collectors etc.

I was helping her with it, agreed a lower sum to be paid back and a payment plan and then I found out she’s still not paid any of it back. 

Â