Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I guess its just their experiences which have formed there lives.

Always thought Jason Fox was the main geezer. He got caught and took as hostage apparently. Did a great program on his own, going into hard core territories, Colombia and the like.

Yeah Jason Fox comes across as a decent man - the narco programme he did was brilliant

• Like 1

**** me. 

Comic Relief has moved to Salford. Could it get any more Northern? 

BBC is getting unwatchable these days, can't go 5 minutes without a presenter producing a ferret from their trousers or thumping each other around the head with a black pudding. 

I would add I don't watch Comic Relief because its as funny as jokes about Pete Davidson's Dad, I've just caught a few minutes here are there. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I just hate the way Ant Middleton sees himself as a sort of therapist, “breaking people down to build them back up”.

It’s a consequence of him not being allowed to tell his war stories in the way Andy McNab was, so he has to present himself as a self help guru.

But his life philosophy is toxic.

The mindset that thrives in a war zone is different from a healthy mindset in everyday life, and he doesn’t seem to grasp that. He also doesn’t seem to grasp that he isn’t a qualified psychiatrist.

On top of that he’s a bully, suffers from obvious small man syndrome, and he comes off as a misogynist as well.

And of all the SAS/SBS blokes on the TV show, he’s actually the most junior and least experienced. The others have taken more of a back seat, but they seem like much more impressive, likeable characters.

Fair play to him, he’s a hard little bastard and a brave little bastard, and I’m glad he was on our side. But I think he’s a nasty word removed.

I got about two thirds of the way through reading this thinking you were on about Ant from Ant and Dec. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** me. 

BBC is getting unwatchable these days, can't go 5 minutes without a presenter producing a ferret from their trousers or thumping each other around the head with a black pudding. 

I would add I don't watch Comic Relief because its as funny as jokes about Pete Davidson's Dad, I've just caught a few minutes here are there. 

I’ve been watching about 10 minutes, Vernon Kay and some other presenter I’ve never seen before are absolutely awful.

The presenting is so bad I feel awkward watching it. The attempts at jokes die slow painful deaths.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I got about two thirds of the way through reading this thinking you were on about Ant from Ant and Dec. 

It all applies to him as well. He needs to realise he’s not at war anymore, the psychopath 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** me. 

If they move to Salford, they need to go the whole hog and fit in more...take in the local culture, get out and about into the streets of Salford, mix with the locals, and then get shot and stabbed. 

3 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah Jason Fox comes across as a decent man - the narco programme he did was brilliant

Bloke I worked with is his uncle, who took him to a military open day at Plymouth focused when he was younger and that made him want to sign up.  

Foxy is a good chap. 

Simon Jordan. Makes salient points, seems fairly sensible. But there is just something about his delivery, his manner that I find off putting. 

He is a bit smug and his voice sounds like he thinks he's better than everyone. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ve been watching about 10 minutes, Vernon Kay and some other presenter I’ve never seen before are absolutely awful.

The presenting is so bad I feel awkward watching it. The attempts at jokes die slow painful deaths.

It's painful and embarrassing to watch.  It reminds me of the Charity Office episode but they reproduce that vibe for real.

The big joke from Lenny "I said when I was younger I would never work in a hotel and look how that worked out".  He literally fell about laughing.  It was funny to himself and 2 others maybe in the whole world.

They actually used the little girl from Ukraine singing let it go to get more money.  People would I suspect all give a pound a year to make it stop.  They have forgotten the comic / comedy part completely now and it is just horrible.

Without comedy or anything of substance it's just begging which is fine but forget the "Comic" tag part FFS,  its not funny at all.  Rename it "Beggars relief"

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 2

Pete Davidson (Doctor Who?) 

Ant Middleton (Him out of Ant and Dec?) 

Simon Jordan (Blue Peter presenter?) 

Got any more people with vaguely familiar names, who it turns out I've actually never heard of? 

I'm just waiting for Ken Dodd the drum and bass DJ, Marcel Proust the YouTube influencer and Pablo Picasso the wrestler. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Pete Davidson (Doctor Who?) 

Ant Middleton (Him out of Ant and Dec?) 

Simon Jordan (Blue Peter presenter?) 

Got any more people with vaguely familiar names, who it turns out I've actually never heard of? 

I'm just waiting for Ken Dodd the drum and bass DJ, Marcel Proust the YouTube influencer and Pablo Picasso the wrestler. 

You sound like me entering the Deadpool thread. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

Simon Jordan. Makes salient points, seems fairly sensible. But there is just something about his delivery, his manner that I find off putting. 

He is a bit smug and his voice sounds like he thinks he's better than everyone. 

Yeah, I used to think he was a smug rocket polisher back in the day but then I heard how much he hated SHA for poaching his manager (Bruce ? Francis?) and he then went on to big us up as a proper club, the only one worthy of the city itself.....I'm sure it was just to wind them up and it worked massively when they'd call in to talkshite and kick off. So funny !

Jordan probably isn't pro villa in all reality but it was hilarious at the time 

• Like 1

My next door neighbour spilled a coffee in the lift and dripped it all the way to their apartment door. That was yesterday evening and they haven't cleaned it up. The cleaners won't be in until monday at the earliest.

How do they think they don't have to clean it up?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, YLN said:

My next door neighbour spilled a coffee in the lift and dripped it all the way to their apartment door. That was yesterday evening and they haven't cleaned it up. The cleaners won't be in until monday at the earliest.

How do they think they don't have to clean it up?

Just been down the local park with my lad, they got swings, slides and stuff, but its a charity park so looked after locally. Just seen a family leave from having a picnic of the benches. They left all there litter and what looks like tomatoe pasta all over the seats and table, I mean who do they think is going to clean it up??

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Just been down the local park with my lad, they got swings, slides and stuff, but its a charity park so looked after locally. Just seen a family leave from having a picnic of the benches. They left all there litter and what looks like tomatoe pasta all over the seats and table, I mean who do they think is going to clean it up??

It's infuriating, isn't it? Their kids learn that behavior. 

• Like 3

Â