Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The amount of photos that my cousin has uploaded of her baby since it was born. I'd say at least 4 a day for the 3 weeks since she gave birth.

Jesus **** Christ.

Why the hate for babies on here, they're cute.

I don't mind them in all honesty, it's just when I'm being bombarded with the same photo 4 or 5 times a day when I couldn't really care less what sleeping position it's currently in.

I don't even mind the baby photos really, I just ignore them. What I hate is the mothers constantly updating their statuses about their kids. A lot of the girls on my facebook just come across as if they're saying, "Look at me! I'm a mother! Give me credit for it!"

I don't even mind the baby photos really, I just ignore them. What I hate is the mothers constantly updating their statuses about their kids. A lot of the girls on my facebook just come across as if they're saying, "Look at me! I'm a mother! Give me credit for it!"

My little man this, my lil man that, arrrrgh **** off!

Funnily they never seem to have daughters. It's always my little man.

Well, that was fun. Power cut from 4.30 pm Sun to 2.30 am Mon. No Sunday dinner, no heating, no light, no TV, no radio, no CDs, no internet. And two enormous holes in (what was) our nice new(ish) drive.

Just like the good old days was it Moonman?

:lol: It was fun for about half an hour. Candlelight, bottle of wine and an acoustic guitar.

Then it just got annoying. You can see why people used to go to bed at sundown and up at sunrise.

Still, at least I wasn't the guys outside doing the digging in freezing conditions.

One for the gamers out there - on disc DLC.

Street Fighter x Tekken comes out this Friday, made by Capcom who are terrible offenders on DLC profiteering. This is a company that charge people for character palette swaps. SFxT however, commits a cardinal sin. They're going to release extra characters for download. Fair enough.

The characters are on the disc that you'll buy on Friday. The information is already there, they've just locked them out. So when you buy the characters from the Xbox Marketplace, or from the PSN store, the download will be a 100kb unlock code for information on the disc you've already paid for.

As little difference as it would actually make, I'd have less problem if the extra characters actually were proper downloads, a few hundred meg files to add to the stuff on the disc (I say less, because day 1 paid DLC is bullshit). But making me pay for something actually already stored on the item I've bought is like a kick in the teeth.

It's made a little worse for the fact it's a fighting game too. The characters are important, because they're the balance to it, or the different approaches and playstyles. It's a bit like playing poker but being told if you want to play with the 7s (or aces, or whatever) you got in the deck, you'll need to buy the option to use them.

Why the holes?
Long story, but briefly:

We had the new drive (block paving) done in November 2010. While the drive guys were preparing the ground they sliced through the mains power cable into the house. We had to call out the engineers to put that right (involved excavating a hole just next to the outside wall). The drive was then laid, and all was apparently well.

Fast forward to yesterday, 4.30 pm - the lights flickered and all the power died. We assumed for a while it was a "normal" power outage, but when it wasn't back in half an hour I called the suppliers. Two hours later they turn up, and they knew about the previous job. So they suspect the problem may be in the same place it was before, and rip up the drive to get to the cabling. But that isn't where the problem is.

So they try down at the bottom of the drive, next to the pavement - drive ripped up and another huge hole dug. And that's where it was - a crack in the conduit (possibly originally from the drive laying job, but widened over time) which had let water in.

Power was back on at 2.30 am, but now we have to wait for their guys to come back and make good the damage.

What worries me now is that we may get a bill for it. The 2010 work was paid for by the drive laying company, as it was obviously their fault. Whether they'll own up to this may be a different matter.

EDIT - Hole #1:

030.JPG

Hole #2:

027.JPG

Finding what you thought was your favouritist ever DVD - you skydiving over Vegas when you were fit - only to find that it has nothing on it apart from some random pdfs that I must have copied over in a hurry. Humbug.

Time to find myself a dvd recovery proggie. It must be on there, either that or I was pissed as a fart when writing on the cd.

Ggggggrrrrr!

:lol: It was fun for about half an hour. Candlelight, bottle of wine and an acoustic guitar.

Then it just got annoying. You can see why people used to go to bed at sundown and up at sunrise.

Still, at least I wasn't the guys outside doing the digging in freezing conditions.

I'm currently watching an episode of One Foot in the Grave.

They've had a power cut and are getting increasingly annoyed by it.

Sorry Mike, but I think in my head you're going to be Victor Meldrew forever!

I'm currently watching an episode of One Foot in the Grave.

They've had a power cut and are getting increasingly annoyed by it.

Sorry Mike, but I think in my head you're going to be Victor Meldrew forever!

Oh, you have no idea of how right you are.

Well, that was fun. Power cut from 4.30 pm Sun to 2.30 am Mon. No Sunday dinner, no heating, no light, no TV, no radio, no CDs, no internet. And two enormous holes in (what was) our nice new(ish) drive.

My mom & stepdad lost power for a week back around halloween (though they do have a backup gas-powered generator, so were able to make use of essential electrical equipment).

Â