Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:

So, you're a Waffles man?

No brioche, no cornbread, no yeast bread ,no flatbread, no sweetbread, no fruit bread, no rye ,no soda , no bread sticks, no burger buns, baps or bagels no chapati, crepe or crumpet, and definitely no smegging donuts.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

We’ve spoke about this before on here, but posties putting the ‘sorry we missed you’ slip through the door when they didn’t even knock.

I was just sat in my living room when I heard a few letters drop through the letter box. A few minutes later I saw the little red slip telling me to go to the depot tomorrow.

I decided to go chasing after the postman and ask if my doorbell had broken. Very unlike me as I hate any kind of confrontation, but it pissed me off.

I got my parcel anyway, the 1998 Villa away shirt ^_^

Had this with a villa shirt I ordered for one of my lads for Christmas. I heard the postman but it turns out it was a slip. Had to go online and spend half an hour trying to work out how to  rearrange and make sure I was in on another day. Then when he opened it Christmas morning they’d spelt our name wrong!!! Spent another two hours or more trying to arrange a refund with phone calls and emails . He isn’t having another one I can’t be arsed with the drama. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So, my day: Car doesn't start. After jumping it, I get in, and realise the roof is leaking and the carpets are damp. Drive to the hospital, spend 25 minutes doing laps trying to find a spot, finally find one, back in, go through a puddle that was hiding a pothole that cracked my wheel. Fantastic.

So I sat in the car for 20 minutes drinking my coffee and calming down so I'm not in a rotten mood when I get there to visit....And on the walk to the ward, a pigeon literally shits on my head. I'd find this hilarious if it happened to anybody else.

Isn't a bird shitting on your head good luck? (insert KW)

Although after a gull defecated on my face in the pub beer garden one year, I don't recall my luck changing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Isn't a bird shitting on your head good luck? (insert KW)

Although after a gull defecated on my face in the pub beer garden one year, I don't recall my luck changing. 

We'll see. It didn't feel it. I was genuinely thinking "Well, the car is no problem, really, easily fixed, they say bad luck comes in threes..." *plop*

Bystanders saw a man with bird shit dripping from his hair laughing like a lunatic, because it was that or cry.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

On 12/01/2022 at 13:56, Paddywhack said:

I decided to go chasing after the postman and ask if my doorbell had broken.

And what was his response to that question?

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

David Bowie.

Because apart from the golden run of albums from 71-77 he's not as good as people like to think?

Because he never really had an original idea in his life, he just followed the trends?

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because apart from the golden run of albums from 71-77 he's not as good as people like to think?

Because he never really had an original idea in his life, he just followed the trends?

Bowie championed the Pixies, everyone that loved the Pixies looked at Bowie like we look at a nan discovering Ed Sheeran for the first time. See also Nine Inch Nails. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

You'll be pleased to know that he was as good as The Beatles: 

Having worked with both the Beatles (he was an Abbey Road engineer throughout the ‘60s) and David Bowie, producer Ken Scott is in the ideal position to compare the working methods of the two. 

“I compare him to the Beatles in one respect and that's how brave they were in their ability to not care what people thought,” says Scott. “If they suddenly wanted to change direction, they would do it no matter what. And there are a lot of artists that won't do that.”

Scott also praises Bowie’s ability to put the right team of people in place for a specific project - “he knew what each one could bring to the project and what he needed from them they would automatically give” - and says that, when it came to vocals, The Thin White Duke had a habit of nailing it right away.

“Of the four albums I co-produced with David, about 90% of the vocals were first take beginning to end,” he reveals. “I would run the take, get the level for his vocal, go back, hit record on the take, and what he did that one time through is what we still hear today. And that's no Auto-Tune, that's no cut and pasting things, no moving anything around. It was one performance that came from his heart every time.”

Music Radar

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bickster said:

On two clear counts for me.

i.) He's enormously overrated.

ii.) He slept with 13,14 and 15 year old girls and nobody ever talks about it.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

And what was his response to that question?

Well, I kind of lied in my post. :blush: 

I actually said “my doorbell must be broken because I didn’t hear anything”.

I didn’t want to be too nasty, he knows where I live and he could pop a turd through my letter box…or send me to the depot to collect one. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Well, I kind of lied in my post. :blush: 

I actually said “my doorbell must be broken because I didn’t hear anything”.

I didn’t want to be too nasty, he knows where I live and he could pop a turd through my letter box…or send me to the depot to collect one. 

Lying on the internet. A new low.

• Haha 3

Â