Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, Eidolon said:

It’s so unremittingly sunny all the god damn time 🥵 I know a lot of people would kill for a bit if sun right now but I just do not like the heat 

It would drive me nuts. 

I'm happy with a holiday in the real sun lounging about but if I had to go about my daily life in nothing but sun and heat I really would hate it. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It would drive me nuts. 

I'm happy with a holiday in the real sun lounging about but if I had to go about my daily life in nothing but sun and heat I really would hate it. 

20-22 is comfortable. Once you start hitting 25-30 everyday then you just got fed up of it.  Having the seasons is the way to go. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Someone mentioned Brain fog on another thread. I've noticed I'm suffering a bit lately but didn't think it could be down to stress. Googling it, I didn't realise sitting in front of your computer screen is a big cause of it. Being I'm probably on my laptop 12 hours everyday, I certainly think this is the cause. it will have to change in the new year.

Might have been me - it was definitely something I struggled with towards the start of the year and tied in with full working from home (i.e: sitting in front of a laptop and not really moving for hours on end).

Make sure you get regular breaks and try to do “new” things. That’s what helped me anyway. Good luck mate, hope it relieves itself soon. It’s a really weird feeling. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Mrs likes katherine Ryan. Sod it I'll grin and bear it.

....£83!!!

Per ticket??

Which site are you on? Her tickets are relatively cheap in this day and age, before fees some tickets are £26. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eidolon said:

It’s so unremittingly sunny all the god damn time 🥵 I know a lot of people would kill for a bit if sun right now but I just do not like the heat 

I like the sunshine but agree with you, if it’s sunny every single day then you wouldn’t appreciate it. 

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

You and my bloody mother would get along great :D

Complain all winter its grey, cold & miserable. 1st sunny day  - oooh, it's too hot.

That woman could be in paradise and it would be "all a bit too nice." (Off topic I know.)

The UK does tend to go straight through nice, sunny and warm into too hot and uncomfortable which pisses me off.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

20-22 is comfortable. Once you start hitting 25-30 everyday then you just got fed up of it.  Having the seasons is the way to go. 

This ^^

Once you go over 25 it’s so uncomfortable in the UK, it’s doesn’t seem to cool at night either so you can’t sleep which makes you tired and irritable. It doesn’t seem to be the same when on holiday though. 30 degrees in the Canary islands, bring it on. 

• Like 1

Problem is our houses are all designed to keep the heat in and attract heat in rather than keep heat out/reflect heat away.

Uncomfortably warm nights are becoming more and more of an issue, I am seriously thinking about buying a couple of portable air conditioning units.

5 hours ago, Eidolon said:

I am the exact opposite. Cold grey gloomy all the time is grim. Gimme sunshine 354 days of the year, and  warm rain on the other 10.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Uncomfortably warm nights are becoming more and more of an issue, I am seriously thinking about buying a couple of portable air conditioning units.

I have my eye on an a/c unit to wheel around the house....can't find one less than £400 and it seems too expensive....however, every hot summer's night I lie awake sweating my spud off, I swear blind I'm gonna buy one....then I see the price.....and so on.

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Problem is our houses are all designed to keep the heat in and attract heat in rather than keep heat out/reflect heat away.

I look into it every year, £300 seems like a good buy at the time but then a week later the weather has changed.

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not convinced that the answer to more extreme weather is to buy in air conditioning.

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I like the sunshine but agree with you, if it’s sunny every single day then you wouldn’t appreciate it. 

The UK does tend to go straight through nice, sunny and warm into too hot and uncomfortable which pisses me off.

This ^^

Once you go over 25 it’s so uncomfortable in the UK, it’s doesn’t seem to cool at night either so you can’t sleep which makes you tired and irritable. It doesn’t seem to be the same when on holiday though. 30 degrees in the Canary islands, bring it on. 

It’s at work and as you say at night that’s a struggle . Abroad I like it in the 30s 

Â