Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Had a really nice meal out last night at a posh local restaurant. Was brilliant to get the family together and seeing the the kids behaving and enjoying themselves playing on their devices.

What let the experience down was the man on the table opposite who didn't seem to be in the Christmas spirit at all. He kept moaning to his partner and I noticed when he got up he was wearing some grey jogging bottoms with a concerning amber stain at the front. An attire that didn't really fit the establishment.

Spoiled the evening really - especially for the price of the meals.

Are you the single mom or the big mouthed old bloke? 🤔

• Haha 1

Up in the grim North today in Chester 

Except it isn’t grim , it’s quite a beautiful place , so nice it could almost be in Surrey 

pisses me off having to like something in the North 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Except it isn’t grim , it’s quite a beautiful place , so nice it could almost be in Surrey 

Cheshire, innit? Posh north. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Cheshire, innit? Posh north. 

Seems to be , you can tell  the place is affluent by the lack of OTT Christmas decorations :)

going to check out Pontcysyllte Aqueduct tomorrow so venturing into Wales … once I’ve checked my tetanus jabs are up to date  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

In reality, it’s pretty boring. Live there a week and you'll be bored senseless.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Seems to be , you can tell  the place is affluent by the lack of OTT Christmas decorations :)

going to check out Pontcysyllte Aqueduct tomorrow so venturing into Wales … once I’ve checked my tetanus jabs are up to date  

You need more than Tetanus jabs to escape Wrexham alive

On 10/12/2021 at 11:06, lapal_fan said:

My eldest (6) has been complaining about "a bad leg" this week.  He's mentioned it a lot and we've missed football which was unlike him.

He mentioned it again yesterday, but when I got him to lie down and lift both legs, he could do it quite easily.  We thought it might be a muscle thing, but he woke up this morning at 2.45 and came into our room crying with pain.

Took him to A&E and it turns out he has a virus called Transient synovitis, which attacks the hip joints of prepubescent children!

I've been really wary of him about it, thinking he's pulling our leg about it, not quite believing how bad it was for him and now I feel so terrible about it, but he's not really been able to describe the pain - sometimes he can walk, sometimes he says he can't without pain, I got him to do the muscle stress tests etc and he passed them all, so I thought maybe a tiny fracture of his hip or something, hence A&E.

Won't be doubting him again 😔

Kids are so hard to diagnose, our eldest periodically complained of tummy aches. Couldn't work it out, we considered anxiety, making it up to get out of something or attention seeking and obviously looked at what she was eating too. Went to GP and they went through the same things but did do a blood test. Turns out she is a Coeliac and her levels were off the scale. 

The youngest is always saying something on her hurts. I do think it's just a faze and nothing serious but still a pain trying to work out if it needs a bit more than "it'll be fine" or a little bit of compassion. 

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

It's alright.  Its got a wall around it to separate itself from the rest of the North. 

11 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

As others have said, some lovely parts of Cheshire. My mate lived for short while in Wilmslow, and thats very nice. I was in Alderley Edge not that long ago... thats a bit 'footballers wives' but nice, nonetheless. 

AIUI even Sex & The City fans mostly hate it. I have watched some of the older series, and it was decent enough - good acting, frank honesty about sex, some storylines that seemed to keep my wife engaged, some good jokes occasionally - even if it obviously wasn't targeted at me in any way. The new one is supposed to have basically none of that.

On 12/12/2021 at 17:02, Phil Silvers said:

TTPYOTShould

Not only are there more and more advert breaks on sky these days, they are on for about 5 minutes and its growing I think but they also broadcast said adverts 24.6% louder then the program they are showing, ***** me right off.

YouTube is the worst for ads at the moment.

They've seemingly turned the ads frequency dial up to 11 alongside the number and length of them at a time. I saw 15 ads in a 20 minute long video the other day. And brilliantly the next day instead of an ad I got a survey question asking what I thought of YouTube ads recently, so presumably they're trying to see what they can get away with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

YouTube is the worst for ads at the moment.

They've seemingly turned the ads frequency dial up to 11 alongside the number and length of them at a time. I saw 15 ads in a 20 minute long video the other day. And brilliantly the next day instead of an ad I got a survey question asking what I thought of YouTube ads recently, so presumably they're trying to see what they can get away with.

Yes it's annoying. Everyone is trying to make a living, that's fair enough but they've gone well past enough is enough imo and it will only get worse, like 50/50 worse at some stage. The more annoying part is the volume, as you say, way too loud.

• Like 1

Â