Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

what makes me chuckle is seeing the book being rebranded, with the movie poster as the cover - that will confuse loads when they have viewed both!!! 

The ultimate example of that was when Penguin Classics put out Homer's Oddysey with George Clooney on the cover, as a film tie-in with "O Brother, Where Art Thou?". 

I'll bet that confused a few people.  :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This talk of supermarkets reminds me, I was in Tesco last night, looking in the fridges, when I became aware of a trundling-type sound and saw one of their employees steaming towards me, pushing one of those giant metal cage things but looking at her phone. At first I looked at her in annoyance, and then amazement, and then I realised that I had used up my opportunity to get into another aisle and that I had to take rapid evasive action to avoid having my shins broken, because she was just not looking up. So I ended up pressed flat against the fridge doors, with my arms and legs splayed as if frozen in mid-star-jump while she trundled past. No apology, nothing. Not even a scoff, which would have been better than the fact she completely failed to notice my existence. 

I hope whoever she was talking to gives her some dreadful news, the cow. 

I bet she had the cage full of reduced price cream cakes ....I just hope everyone got an equal share :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On the subject of supermarkets, Morrisons really do annoy me.

Firstly the staff are shoddy at best, unhelpful and unfriendly.

Secondly the rotation of stock is absolutely shocking and quite often things have gone past their date or literally only have 1 day left when the product shelf life is normally a couple of weeks. Who is ordering stock here?

Thirdly their discounting of stock going out of date is borderline non existent. They seem happy to let an item of 4 or 5 quid value just go out of date and unsold by sticking a 15p reduction on it. Halve the price or more and you'll pretty much guarantee it gets sold.

Fourthly their hot deli counter is quite happy to let items sit all day, in the past I've ordered a sausage or chicken kebab and its literally drier than the Sahara or borderline cremated. 

I honestly feel like I could go in and improve so many things without any expertise in that area whatsoever, when you think the store manager is probably earning 50k plus a year its shocking really.

39 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

On the subject of supermarkets, Morrisons really do annoy me.

Firstly the staff are shoddy at best, unhelpful and unfriendly.

I know people that work in Morrisons and people in Waitrose.

The difference in pay and attitude of management might just partly explain the shoddy, unhelpful and unfriendly Morrisons staff experience. Although I do also suspect Morrisons set out to recruit people that give off the vibe they'll put up with shit pay and conditions... Waitrose appear to employ quite a few students looking to move in to management, students looking for a job for the CV, students that need some cash. Morrisons appear to employ quite a few people that skipped school and went straight to Morrisons.

Not least, over Crimbo, the guys that work in Waitrose were asked if they would mind working, and the shop was closed half day NYE and all day New Year's Day. Morrisons, the rota was the rota, suck it up. They were open NYD.

There's also a bonus share scheme in Waitrose. It's not going to make you rich, but you'd work there rather than the others.

Morrisons is my closest and most convenient supermarket. I must go in there about twice a year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Morrisons is my closest and most convenient supermarket. I must go in there about twice a year.

I probably shop in mine 2-3 times a week which is why im so familiar with everything they do wrong.

I have to clarify my post by saying that all of those problems could possibly just exist within my store.

Another thing that annoys me is the amount of floor space dedicated to sweets and treats, its by far the most supported section of the store which seems irresponsible to me.

Having said that their meat selection is very good and cheaper than Tesco a lot of the time. They are also quite good on offers so if you go in there without specific things to buy you can do quite a cheap shop. Its just surprising how many things could be fixed by better management.

• Like 1

I buy my meat from a warehouse on an industrial estate, it's called something like 'Value for Money Meat'. Something classy like that. It's like something from League of Gentlemen, right down to the flickering tube lighting and blood spattered aprons of the staff.

I took my dad there once, I think he was genuinely scared!

(but it's actually really really good, it's a relocated actual real traditional farmer / butcher set up, they've just got absolutely no idea how to market or present themselves)

35 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There's also a bonus share scheme in Waitrose. It's not going to make you rich, but you'd work there rather than the others.

As part of the John Lewis group, Waitrose employees are all "partners" and receive a bonus of 10-20% on top of their annual salary.

• Like 1

Chrisp65 is bang on the money about Morrisons' attitude to staff treatment. My elder daughter and many of her friends have done stints there, and can confirm that the management is appalling. The smarter kids usually manage to esape, leaving the real dimwits to crawl up the ladder to become stupid, bullying bosses. Utterly crap, clueless company. But they are are our only nearby supermarket, so we continue to use them. 

Edited by mjmooney

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I buy my meat from a warehouse on an industrial estate, it's called something like 'Value for Money Meat'. Something classy like that. It's like something from League of Gentlemen, right down to the flickering tube lighting and blood spattered aprons of the staff.

I took my dad there once, I think he was genuinely scared!

(but it's actually really really good, it's a relocated actual real traditional farmer / butcher set up, they've just got absolutely no idea how to market or present themselves)

Has Dick Powell retired then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

18041e18abe09fb1f98d208c9a331193.jpg

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I use two Morrison's quite regularly (Aldridge and Five Ways) and all the staff seem really nice in there. Which one is your local @AVFCDAN?

The newish Sheldon one on the Coventry Road.

Its just basic things like the basket holders being empty at the entrance to the store or waiting 2 minutes for a staff member when staff input is required on the self scan, pretty basic stuff really.

Â