Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Slim jeans are for girls.

Im not talking about Skinny Jeans im talking jeans that are slim fit. Regular fit feels like im wearing parachute pants

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

don't call me unless its an emergency cos I'm doing nights. 

I asked what was wrong, the reply was we are missing two loaves of bread.

sounds like a real major emergency!

8 hours ago, bickster said:

waking up to an illiterate z list celebrity shit storm on twitter that I have to deal with

What was all this about then?

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

Being a professional middleman sucks. This morning I'm faced with what should be a very simple situation, but isn't because I'm between a rock and a hard place. A client has a product where they pay for the amount they use it. They want to pay less, so go away and make some changes. Go back to the product provider who says they've not done enough to drop the price much, so they reduce by a token £100. I'm now stuck between annoying the client who will not view £100 as saving enough and will be pissed off, or trying to force a reduction on the other side which will piss off someone who has basically done me a favour reducing anything at all.

I can't win.

My average day atm consists of making calls on who to piss off least. I usually side with the client but I need some goodwill on the other side as well. I genuinely don't know how people hack doing this for 40 years.

Can't you just explain to the user that the provider is only willing to make X reductions unless more changes are made?  Surely they know it's not you that's deciding the size of the reduction i.e. everyone's aware you're the middle man and not the baddie?

21 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I asked what was wrong, the reply was we are missing two loaves of bread

Clearly several sandwiches short of a picnic, then. :)

• Like 1

I was just paying for some beer at the supermarket, on one of the self scan machines. I picked a bottle up, and the bottle top just flew off, spraying beer everywhere, including over the bloke next to me. Who was quite clearly Sikh.

He was very understanding and accepted my spluttering red-faced apology, but damn I felt like a piece of shit. 

Edited by Davkaus

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I was just paying for some beer at the supermarket, on one of the self scan machines. I picked a bottle up, and the bottle of it just flew off, spraying beer everywhere, including over the bloke next to me. Who was quite clearly Sikh.

He was very understanding and accepted my spluttering red-faced apology, but damn I felt like a piece of shit. 

Bet you could have used a beer after that...

• Like 2

Ellie Gibson. Games 'journalist'.

She ruined Eurogamer when she was there and is ruining Dara O' Briains Go 8-bit. She isn't funny in the slightest. She knows jack **** about gaming and just annoys the **** out of me.

14 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Ellie Gibson. Games 'journalist'.

She ruined Eurogamer when she was there and is ruining Dara O' Briains Go 8-bit. She isn't funny in the slightest. She knows jack **** about gaming and just annoys the **** out of me.

Nerd totty!

I bought my first soft ice cream (mr whippy) while at a meeting in Southampton yesterday. Two minutes later a feckin seagull stole the whole bloody thing right out of my mouth. FML.

Edited by magnkarl

Â