Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I had a very short conversation with somebody in the loos at Chievley services once a couple of years back.

I parked up and marched in to the services needing a pee. There was some middle aged bloke stood just outside the gents, followed me in and stood at a urinal needlessly close to the one I was using.

He said something like: 'what a day, eh?'

I said something very specifically like: '**** off and **** off now'

He zipped up and left. 

I would have just completely ignored him until we'd both zipped up.

Not from Homophobia or anything like that, it's just there's something that makes me feel very uncomfortable about talking to anyone whilst they or I are using the toilet.

If the missus ever tries to communicate through the locked door whilst I'm having a shit she gets ignored too.

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'd have been really naive and polite until he was ploughing me in a cubicle and it'd have been too late and embarrassing to say anything.

I got hit on by a taxi driver once and I didn't realise. He kept looking in the rear view mirror and saying what a nice boy I was, I thought he was complimenting me on my manners. I just sat there smug like 'yeah, I guess I am quite nice'.

It wasn't until a few months later a gay fella I know told us he'd let a taxi driver bum him on the backseat for a free fare that I started to wonder if it was the same bloke.

Did his name begin with an "L"?

and end in loyd? :lol: 

So did the school run with the kid .. Traffic fairly congested when a car blows past two of us waiting to park , foolishly I got out said that's some serious dangerous driving pal, the dude gets irate says I was parked etc what's my problem, so I repeat you overtook 2 cars one indicated that's some serious dangerous driving out side a school pal , once again into a tirade getting more upset until the other driver the one that indicated pipes up and backs me up ....He's starting to get aggressive to the point I say, we should talk about this somewhere else. Big mistake ...Billy big balls you don't know who I am comes out you wanna fight ...Oh Jesus, I put my hands up say whoa buddy I'm not been aggressive hear but you did some stupid driving man I'm just pointing that out !!! Got in my car and drove off ......now when collection time comes ...Do I say something ..Was I in the wrong ? 

9 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

So did the school run with the kid .. Traffic fairly congested when a car blows past two of us waiting to park , foolishly I got out said that's some serious dangerous driving pal, the dude gets irate says I was parked etc what's my problem, so I repeat you overtook 2 cars one indicated that's some serious dangerous driving out side a school pal , once again into a tirade getting more upset until the other driver the one that indicated pipes up and backs me up ....He's starting to get aggressive to the point I say, we should talk about this somewhere else. Big mistake ...Billy big balls you don't know who I am comes out you wanna fight ...Oh Jesus, I put my hands up say whoa buddy I'm not been aggressive hear but you did some stupid driving man I'm just pointing that out !!! Got in my car and drove off ......now when collection time comes ...Do I say something ..Was I in the wrong ? 

It's tricky. I was once driving past a school when the kids were leaving, right by a park full of people on a summers day (warley woods) when some prick overtook me on a corner at about 40mph. I had my window open so I gave him a naughty hand signal as he drove past. Further up the road he slammed his brakes on in front of me and two of the biggest muscliest blokes got out the car. They ended up rocking my car, shouting at me to get out, calling me all sorts of nasty names. :(

So whilst I think you were right to say something, it's probably not worth it.

Edited by Paddywhack

6 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Nope,  the safety of the kids comes before anything else.  

But,  next time get a dash cam and discuss in front of your car so its on video. (Approx 20 quid HD quality)

48 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

I'm not great in these situations and if anyone gets aggressive with me I normally give them a smack. I regrettably once gave some lad a pasting with my son by my side the one day which I'm not proud of but I just let my emotions get the better of me. Only the other week some clearing in the woods revved his car when I was walking over a zebra crossing with my son and other parents and kids. I felt like dragging the clearing in the woods out the car but I just shouting a few things at him instead. You are best just keeping calm and trying to reason with him but obviously what the hell do you do if he gets all aggressive and starts threatening you. You were right in saying something because he could of hurt someone. Can't stand clearings in the woods like the bloke you have described.

Â