Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

The focus on xmas in the workplace by a customer focus obsessed manager meant her and a couple of others spent two HOURS constructing a fake fireplace display whilst muggins and company were swamped by request handling and enquiry desk manning. At a time when it is quite busy already and we were short staffed anyway. Now I do prefer to be busy than not, but all the same...

That happens at my place all the time. One of the teams over from me spent days decorating their bank of desks for Halloween (to win a prize), and all they got was bag of sweets to share. I was laughing, but at the same time pissed off at the amount of time they wasted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

The focus on xmas in the workplace by a customer focus obsessed manager meant her and a couple of others spent two HOURS constructing a fake fireplace display whilst muggins and company were swamped by request handling and enquiry desk manning. At a time when it is quite busy already and we were short staffed anyway. Now I do prefer to be busy than not, but all the same...

Christmas is easy at my work as my decorations are still hanging on my office wall from about 8 years ago and I've never bothered taking them down

Even my calendar that Mrs H got me one year with a different photo of the kids and the cat each month is showing December 2010 and has been for 6 years now

yeah , I'm lazy

1 hour ago, Midfielder said:

In the workplace, when someone sneezes and there's the expectancy / awkwardness that someone says 'bless you' to the sneezer, which i don't, and someone "says it for me".

I hate the bless you thing. I've never got it. Why? I mean, I know the etymology but we're now enlightened enough to confidently say we dont need to say it any more and all it does is highlight that someone's sneezed.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I hate the bless you thing. I've never got it. Why? I mean, I know the etymology but we're now enlightened enough to confidently say we dont need to say it any more and all it does is highlight that someone's sneezed.

Precisely. I dont bless when someone sneezes but if i do sneeze and somebody blesses me, I'm then obliged to say thanks, like someone had done me a favour. One of those times it's almost socially right to say thanks (for something you're not thankful for), an enforced tiny chore of speech. 

It would be funny though if the etymology of office farts meant that a similar blessing was a social norm.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

It would be funny though if the etymology of office farts meant that a similar blessing was a social norm.

There used to be a bloke at work who dropped paratroopers so often we had to hang an air freshener on his chair. He'd let out a raucous parp, go bright red and then laugh uncontrollably about every 15 minutes.

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

There used to be a bloke at work who dropped paratroopers so often we had to hang an air freshener on his chair. He'd let out a raucous parp, go bright red and then laugh uncontrollably about every 15 minutes.

At least he could, with blokes in the minority at my workplace, mine are silent, though i do get away with a lot of silent drive bys.

2 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

From the discussion about masturbation techniques from the General Chat thread:

"A Persil washing detergent dosing ball filled with chopped liver"

Bah! My high level humour is wasted on you guys. Good day to you all. 

I knew what you meant mate ;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have caught imphatigo from my son, who caught it from some kid at his nursery.

It's painful, sore and itchy and i would glady give it to original kids parents.

what on Earth is Imphatigo?

Â