Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The editing on xfactor is utter garbage, they're trying to generate drama but make it entirely predictable 

yeah I got home from Preston and had that to put up with, what a shit day :( 

You had to put up with it? Says **** who?

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Since I was diagnosed with colitis, I have been more aware of the standard of toilets in pubs as on occasions I have had to have emergency shits when on a night out!. Some of them are so bad, I wouldn't be able to go there and would have to go home (if I could make it!)

Like you said, you'd think they would maintain them to a reasonable standard. The worst I can recall are at the Church in Jewellery Quarter. Both doors had been kicked off, no paper and stunk. Like the Trainspotting toilet! 

As a man that has had similar issues for over 30 years, the Fridge club in Shrewsbury back end of the 80's, door hanging off, no toilet tissue, Los Angeles central station in 2006, similar tale and Double Down Saloon in Vegas, These are the 3 worst I have ever encountered. If caught and in the uk, a spoons toilet always affords me a lock and some bog roll.  

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Or get a 17" tv next to the big to with the ps4 on it ;) 

im usually playing FM manager on the laptop or on here tbh 

One of the great quandaries of life, is the question: In a situation where one party insists on watching a TV programme the other party does not like, who should have to go and watch their preferred TV programme on the small TV in the kitchen? 

5 hours ago, Seat68 said:

As a man that has had similar issues for over 30 years, the Fridge club in Shrewsbury back end of the 80's, door hanging off, no toilet tissue, Los Angeles central station in 2006, similar tale and Double Down Saloon in Vegas, These are the 3 worst I have ever encountered. If caught and in the uk, a spoons toilet always affords me a lock and some bog roll.  

Yeah, Spoons toilets are decent, as are most McDonalds ones. 

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The editing on xfactor is utter garbage, they're trying to generate drama but make it entirely predictable 

yeah I got home from Preston and had that to put up with, what a shit day :( 

My condolences to you for having an awful Saturday! 

My ex used to insist we watch X-factor together and used to go in a right mood if I said I didn't want to watch. I mean, I would sit next to her on the sofa while she watched it but I would read a newspaper or magazine. Apparently that was "spiteful"! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Xela said:

My condolences to you for having an awful Saturday! 

My ex used to insist we watch X-factor together and used to go in a right mood if I said I didn't want to watch. I mean, I would sit next to her on the sofa while she watched it but I would read a newspaper or magazine. Apparently that was "spiteful"! 

It's what they call: Induction of Psycho-neuroses by Conditioned Reflex with Stress. :)

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It's what they call: Induction of Psycho-neuroses by Conditioned Reflex with Stress. :)

"Induction of Psycho-neuroses by Conditioned Reflex with Stress by proxy" sounds better.  Put a claim in if you have suffered and it wasn't your fault.  :)

discovering a musical artist after he's died. Absurd to be annoyed about it, can still enjoy the music, but feels like I would have gotten into it more heavily when I was younger. ( Lou Reed fwiw ). 

17 minutes ago, Rodders said:

discovering a musical artist after he's died. Absurd to be annoyed about it, can still enjoy the music, but feels like I would have gotten into it more heavily when I was younger. ( Lou Reed fwiw ). 

Still not the world's biggest Lou Reed fan, but I stumbled across 'Iced Honey' which he did with Metallica and I thought that was really good, really interesting. Picked up the album LuLu from that and it still get s a listen. I'm told it's not considered his finest!

I guess my equivalent 'dead discovery' would be Johnny Cash. Listened to a couple of very late cd's he did on his 'American' series. Probably something like 'The Man Comes Around' and rediscovered him a bit and I've been working slowly backwards ever since.

Happily though, I'm not a completist, so I'm happy to pick n mix my way through, not get too methodical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Lou Reed was definitely a rock god but I always found his albums somewhat patchy; the one exception was Magic and Loss which just totally blew me away. 

Â