Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Meet the shame head on by wafting your hands around, making exaggerated inhaling gestures with your nose and telling everyone to get a load of this one. People love self-deprecation and it could get you promoted.

I took your advice and I'm now jobless. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2016 at 12:02, DK82 said:

We arranged for some guys to come in and do some work out the back (guttering, repointing and more). They told us it would be Tuesday, so we warned the neighbours and such. I go out this morning (left at 7) and get back just now to find the workmen erecting (snigger) the **** scaffolding. We have multi-access paths out the back, obviously neighbours hadn't moved cars or locked pets away. I am fuming. The guy saw me arrive back and keeps knocking on the door, I am ignoring him as I am very pissed off. They didn't tell us they were coming today and it's caused no end of problems for us. ALL arrangements were for Tuesday.

The texts to my missus are priceless though. I went a bit mental.

Should it piss me off this much? Maybe not. I don't know.

The guys who did my drive last year were similar. They turned up on the right day, but never confirmed they were coming. So I was sat there for a few hours wondering where they were. After I text to ask they turned up and just started digging up the drive. Didn't even knock the door to confirm they were there.

Didn't tell me how long it would be, evetually told me it would be a week of work when I went out and asked.

The second day I was leaving for work about 7 and they turned up just as I was leaving, and were surprised to see me going to work, saying they needed access to power and water. 
That would have all been fine if they'd just told me. 

Then when it was finished the guy never came back to say it was done, just sent his son (who was about 14) to pick up the money. I had to then phone the guy to ask if I could park on the drive.

"Definitely not. Give it at least 3 days"

GOOD THING I **** ASKED THEN!

prick.

I went to see the Jungle Book the other night and I was sat behind a family with a 2-3 year old lad running around, screaming and laughing, he wasn't interested in the film at all.

We were in front of a family with an 18 month old who wouldn't stop crying. The parents solution was to give her a phone to play a game on with the volume on high.

I tutted really loud. I was so annoyed I even shook my head whilst looking in their general direction.

I'm going to stop watching PGs in the cinema soon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I just can't even relate to that behaviour. Why take a child to a movie that's going to be beyond them? Why a toddler to a screening of anything that's not a 'mother and baby' screening? 

Basically, people are words removed. Inconsiderate words removed, who think the world revolves around them and their groin fruit.

Edited by Davkaus

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Kids in restaurants. Ban them.

I don't understand how and why they let them run about.  I am not sure if this is connected but the Dutch have a real big thing about family meal times.  It is a requirement that we all eat together at the dinner table every night.  This applies to old and young so my 3 year old granddaughter knows a) she has to wait for everyone to finish b ) She has to ask to leave the table c) She has to say thanks to whoever made it.

This works really well and does not take time for her to learn as she just does what everyone else does.  

Following yesterday's car debacle, I was up this morning early to take it for a service and once over with a mechanic family friend.

Won't start.

Great. Timing couldn't be better.

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I'd be more pissed off at working on a bank holiday! 

Correct.  Now he can get a real job ;)

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I don't understand how and why they let them run about.  I am not sure if this is connected but the Dutch have a real big thing about family meal times.  It is a requirement that we all eat together at the dinner table every night.  This applies to old and young so my 3 year old granddaughter knows a) she has to wait for everyone to finish b ) She has to ask to leave the table c) She has to say thanks to whoever made it.

This works really well and does not take time for her to learn as she just does what everyone else does.  

The British tend to consider that sort of thing to be old fashioned these days and when it appears on television in some ancient sitcom, it has to be explained to the children.

British parents see such conventions as outmoded and it also runs the risk that someone might miss a few minutes TV, if they happen to be facing away from the screen when sat at an actual table.

It is also a logistics nightmare and requires some really challenging critical path analysis to bring every person's choice of heat & serve or finger food to the table at the right temperature, at exactly the right time, should individuals be good enough to attend.

Increasingly cooking is mostly only done on television and we prefer to leave the teaching of the use of cutlery to the schools.

British children are not in the habit of thanking their parents for anything and so that's not going to happen either.

It's why we're so civilised. :)

• Like 1

We have always eaten meals at the table, no television or phones allowed. Our kids were brought up that way, our granddaughter is, too. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We have always eaten meals at the table, no television or phones allowed. Our kids were brought up that way, our granddaughter is, too. 

Same in our house :thumb:

• Like 2

Yep, we generally eat the evening meal together, sat at a table in a room that doesn't have a TV in it.

I'd guess that happens 5 or 6 evenings of most weeks. It's not strict, if someone is going out or not hungry then that's fine, we don't go all Jim Jones over it. It's just the habit we are in. Sometimes we even continue to talk to each other after the meal has been eaten.

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I wouldn't expect anything less.

When I were't lad, seeing my mate's family all sitting in front of the TV with a tray on their knees, always seemed very strange to me.

The fact that they were watching Crossroads, didn't help. :)

• Like 1

Growing up, our dinner table was only ever used for Sunday Dinners, Christmas's and birthdays.

We ate together though. It was just on trays in front of You Bet or You've Been Framed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I wouldn't expect anything less.

When I were't lad, seeing my mate's family all sitting in front of the TV with a tray on their knees, always seemed very strange to me.

The fact that they were watching Crossroads, didn't help. :)

I may have been one of your weird friends.

We have dinner at the table  , do allow TV sometimes  , like if Villa are playing :) but phones are excluded ...

General Politeness is a gripe of mine though , when you see people conducting a transaction in a shop whilst twatting around on their mobile or not taking their headphones off  , If I worked the tills I'd refuse to serve them  ...

• Like 1

Â