Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

My brother brought mouse trap (the new one) to play today. I tried to put it together. I failed. I searched on Amazon and apparently it doesn't work. Nothing worked for me. What the hell was wrong with the old design!?

It was offensive to non-British people.

It is relative though isn't it? Its cheaper in Poland but you'd only be earning 20% - 25% of what you earn in the UK salary wise (at a guess - Stefan may be able to confirm)

I

Even relatively it's waaaay cheaper! I pay 114zl (around 17 quid) for a month for unlimited trains and trams in the city. It's obviously cheaper because of inflation but British trains are so expensive. 

Yeah it's pretty widely considered that our train prices are absolutely ridiculous. A Shane that the service is usually woeful too.

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I drilled the missus last night, does that count?

Only if you sound like a Bosch 18v cordless power drill when you hit the vinegar strokes

Hi B***r

I just wanted to give you some feedback on my first and recent visit to C*****vs, rather than writing something on facebook or yelp.  

I went there for a coffee to meet a friend who made it slightly before me and already had a coffee. We were sitting by the window. I ordered a Macha Latte and a coffee and after 20 minutes and watching several take away orders walk in behind me and leave I got up for the second time.  

In total it took 22 minutes from my order to when I got a latte that when I got to the end of,  was full of clumps of the green tea.  And we were charged for both when I went to pay.

Having been in the industry for 21 years and having had my own restaurant for 3 years  in Dublin, I completely understand the problems that cause slow service during busy times.   I did not expect to ask whether or not I should have to pay for these coffees and I probably won't be back but the reason I am letting you know is that several other people I have spoken to have made similar comments and I just want you to know that it might be affecting your business (even though it was packed when I was there so well done!)

I won't be making my experience public knowledge but just wanted you to be aware of the affect that really poor service has lost you two customers and perhaps you will find away to get coffees out faster than 22 minutes in the future.

Best wishes 

M***a

This word removed went out of her way to send this message this morning.....little does she know I had been in her "restaurant" and can only have described her manner as been a total word removed and that's why her place closed down and owed a shed load of money ....

Edited by Meath_Villan

my birthday tomorrow and in my wife's family tradition of refusing to buy a presents that are worth more than £4 each and actually useful I've got a mug from a car boot sale ( I was there when they brought it) and a photo frame. Happy birthday to me

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

my birthday tomorrow and in my wife's family tradition of refusing to buy a presents that are worth more than £4 each and actually useful I've got a mug from a car boot sale ( I was there when they brought it) and a photo frame. Happy birthday to me

A happy meal is about 4 quid .....(go for the nuggets).....happy birthday !!!

Â