Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Grown men who pay for single beers with a credit card. Embarrassing.

What if it's a contactless debit card and the beer is more than £5?
I thought contactless debits are OK up to £20?

People who pay with cash.

It's 2015, contactless is here and it takes seconds, let's speed things up so we can all get to the bar quicker.

This.

The sooner contactless becomes the norm, the better.

What annoys me is when they have a contactless credit card machine, you present your card, and they don't know what the **** you're doing so it doesn't work

yep, Sainsbury's down the end of my street

determined to get everyone to use their shitty little self serve machines so they can pay less staff wages - but don't have the technology for contactless

yep, Sainsbury's down the end of my street

determined to get everyone to use their shitty little self serve machines so they can pay less staff wages - but don't have the technology for contactless

They do, it's just deliberately disabled, which is even more annoying. Same in Tesco.

Not being asked if I wanted a contactless card pissed me off.

Not having the option to give it a miss also pissed me off.

Next card due soon.

It might get customised.

5jwdck.jpg

• Like 1

The rules of cool definitely dictate that paying the right way is essential to complete the perfect tableau.

Having watched countless movie stars show how it is done, it seems that paying must be done with a minimum of fuss: clicking a coin onto the counter, or leaving a note under a glass, is cool but neither Humphrey Bogart or John Wayne can ever be seen getting change.

I don't think I ever saw Norm Peterson even pay because it would have been too uncool.

Using a credit card is just too fussy but it is still more acceptable than paying out of a change purse.

Rules on just what drinks men are allowed to order for themselves are even more rigid. :)

lol

also uncool is taking bills from your wallet to pay

must have billfold

also the coin flip tip toss while apologizing for the mess Han Solo style is encouraged

I agree. I don't send emails, I write letters and send them via carrier pigeon instead :)

Pfft, you send carrier pigeons?

That's much newer than my smoke signalling!

Luddite! 

fck_off_semaphore_baseball_jersey.jpg

Pfft, flags?

I don't even have the evolved arms to wave your flags.

I am an amoeba who can only signal by spreading pheromones to demonstrate I'm ready to mate.. or rjw, whichever you prefer [emoji16] [emoji6]

I'm on a training course all week for work and there's no kitchen or anything here and I'm not getting expenses apart from travel.

Is that normal?

I feel like I've been a bit stitched up.

Â