Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

When people take photos of their food.

I've just witnessed a ridiculous example - someone took a photo of their Eggs Benedict. In a Wetherspoons. I suppose that'll now go on some social network with a cringeworthy caption like "Mmm, yummy breakfast this morning".

I'd go as far to say 90% of social networking.

"Just had a yummy breakfast"

"Got a bangin' head after a great night"

"Sun is out so I'm catching some rays in the garden"

I think it is extremely vain to think anyone else gives a sh!t.

A social football forum is just the place to make this point :P

I'm familiar with sites such as Facebook through my two teenage children so I don't see VT as a social networking site. I'm surprised some can't see the difference! :)

I've just witnessed a ridiculous example - someone took a photo of their Eggs Benedict. In a Wetherspoons. I suppose that'll now go on some social network with a cringeworthy caption like "Mmm, yummy breakfast this morning".

I'd go as far to say 90% of social networking.

"Just had a yummy breakfast"

"Got a bangin' head after a great night"

"Sun is out so I'm catching some rays in the garden"

I think it is extremely vain to think anyone else gives a sh!t.

A social football forum is just the place to make this point :P
I'm familiar with sites such as Facebook through my two teenage children so I don't see VT as a social networking site. I'm surprised some can't see the difference! :)
that just means you're not popular :P Edited by tonyh29

Even worse, when accompanied by the caption, "Nom-nom-nom"

Only the cookie monster should be allowed to say that...

cookie-monster01.gif

Oh god yes.....this irritates me beyond belief!!

Nom nom f****n nom?!!

Nom nom f****n nom?!!

Nom nom f****n nom?!!

Or a shot of an alcoholic drink with 'Oh don't mind if I do...'

**** off.

ye that pisses me off.

At what point after ordering a drink and sitting down to drink it do you think....I know, I'll take a picture of that and tell the world about it?

I doe get it!!

People who treat their mobile phone ringing as if it's the end of the world.

Running across the office to answer their ringing phone as if missing the call will mean their whole family is murdered.

Miss the call, ring them back. Phones are good these days, they tell you who rang!

Running across the office to answer their ringing phone as if missing the call will mean their whole family is murdered.

Miss the call, ring them back. Phones are good these days, they tell you who rang!

Worse than that for me is people who answer their mobiles when they are already having a conversation with someone else , the polite thing to do is ignore the phone and deal with it once the other conversation has finished ... Same for reading a text message
  • Like 2

Worse than that for me is people who answer their mobiles when they are already having a conversation with someone else , the polite thing to do is ignore the phone and deal with it once the other conversation has finished ... Same for reading a text message

Agreed. Normal phone calls as well. I've put it in this thread before I think but there's a guy in my office who will answer his phone instantly, even if he's mid conversation. No "Sorry I need to take this" or "Excuse me for a second".

Infuriating.

Weirdly, I don't feel the same about a text. I can read a text and carry on a conversation at the same time. Although I don't think I'd ever do it with anyone other than a mate. I certainly wouldn't read a text during a conversation at work.

Chipped windscreen this morning. Massive chip taken out of it by some word removed of a lorry dropping a bit of whatever it was it was carrying.

word removed

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Unfortunately Gavin's special resin won't do it :(

New windscreen ahoy

• Like 1

On average I get through about 1 new windscreen per year. I save up the little chips and get a new screen shortly before the MOT.

Front of my car is beginning to look a bit like I've re entered orbit at too steep an angle.

Wonderful 'obsidian' sparkly black metallic paintwork, but with an almost white base coat underneath it. Every now and again, a couple of times a year, when I want something mindless but therapeutic to do, I go out the garage and black up

all the little white chips n dings. 

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Speaking of

Autoglass is, for some inexplicable reason, called Carglass here in Sweden. Why have they taken a english name and translated it to another english name? Bugs me no end. They even have the same ad-jingle in english, just changed the companyname.

And to top that off, Glass is Icecream in swedish. :rant:

sv_logo.gif

logo.gif

Edited by Tegis

Â