Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Speaking of Irish men giving me a hard time. I was in Murrays pub in Dublin watching some Villa game. I was minding my own business maybe having a pint of guinness on a high stool, or sprite or something. Anyway this man walked up to me and said, 'there's always one'. I had positioned my stool in front of the nuts machine and he wanted to get a cup of nuts. He wasn't very friendly and it stuck with me. 'There's always one'. Shut up and **** off. Nuts for **** sake. It's 1pm on a Sunday. If you want to eat nuts go to a spar. Why are you so desperate for nuts that you're going to make me move. I'm just watching the match. Who do you think you are? Get crisps. Go without nuts. By the look of you, you could go without having a cup of heavily salted nuts today. Prick.

That was about 4/5 years ago

"I called him a ponce, and now I'm calling you one!  PONCE!"

• Like 1

Speaking of Irish men giving me a hard time. I was in Murrays pub in Dublin watching some Villa game. I was minding my own business maybe having a pint of guinness on a high stool, or sprite or something. Anyway this man walked up to me and said, 'there's always one'. I had positioned my stool in front of the nuts machine and he wanted to get a cup of nuts. He wasn't very friendly and it stuck with me. 'There's always one'. Shut up and **** off. Nuts for **** sake. It's 1pm on a Sunday. If you want to eat nuts go to a spar. Why are you so desperate for nuts that you're going to make me move. I'm just watching the match. Who do you think you are? Get crisps. Go without nuts. By the look of you, you could go without having a cup of heavily salted nuts today. Prick.

That was about 4/5 years ago

So rather than move or move your stall you would rather this poor man walk all the way to Spar?

...and who in the world picks crisps over a nice cup of nuts?

Poor Chap.

• Like 1

Getting a call at 5:28 when I finish at 5:30

Balls.

do you watch the clock that closely  ?

you can take the school teacher out of the school  but you can't  ......

We have to clock watch in this job.

Although if you're good at it then the time flies :D

Average being used as a synonym for not very good

At least it is literally true though. Very good is at one end of the scale. Very bad is at the other end and average is neither of the two i.e. Average != Very good.

It isn't literally true. 'He is average'. How did you work that out? Did you measure the goodness of all the people, in this case footballers, and assign them a numerical value based on their goodness. An arbitrary very high number for the very best player and a very low number for the very worst player. And then you got the average of all of these numbers. And then designated a certain range in the middle, the average range, and all players within this range were average. Is that how we would work out who is average? What about a 'very average player'? Smaller range.

As a footballer starting every week at right back for a premier league team, as bad as they may be, I don't think Alan Hutton is an average footballer. Far from it. He is an exceptional footballer. One of the best footballers in the world.

Depends on your sample. If you're comparing Hutton to the entire population of the world, he's in the stratosphere of brilliant footballers. If you're comparing him to all the footballers in the world he's still up there among the very best. If you're comparing him with the rest of the Premier League, he's decentish, but no better than that.

BOF's point stands though. 'Average' DOES mean 'not very good'. It also means 'not very bad'.

Balls.

Naomi called me at 16:54 with a query. I said send me everything you have and I'll have a look in the morning. She said "thanks very much"

My work is so laid back it's almost unbelievable to new starters for the first few weeks.

Balls.

Naomi called me at 16:54 with a query. I said send me everything you have and I'll have a look in the morning. She said "thanks very much"

My work is so laid back it's almost unbelievable to new starters for the first few weeks.

Naomi sounds hot.

• Like 1

Balls.

Naomi sounds hot.

She does sound hot but unfortunately I have no idea what she looks like as she is based down south!

Balls.

Naomi sounds hot.

She does sound hot but unfortunately I have no idea what she looks like as she is based down south!

The fact that she's a laid back female makes her instantly likeable.

Find out her surname, Facebook stalk her then post bikini pics on here.

GO......

Balls.

Naomi sounds hot.

already out of your league then I'm afraid  ....

• Like 1

I hate to come over all UKIP, but I've just spent 15 minutes at a neighbour's door, first browsing through a list of nations' flags on my phone to figure out where the **** she was from, then using Google translate because the word removed had no problem signing for my parcel while I was out, but doesn't speak a word of English.

Balls.

Naomi sounds hot.

Yes we want to hear more about Naomi. 

Balls.

Naomi sounds hot.

The fact that she's a laid back female makes her instantly likeable.

Find out her surname, Facebook stalk her then post bikini pics on here.

GO......

Ugh not to ashamed to admit I've done that in the past with colleagues based down south.  Few doozies from Brum now you mention it!!

Balls.

I finish at 5pm (officially)

Try never to answer a call after 3pm. Just to be safe. 

• Like 1

Â