Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Well done Sly.

Another one is people who get on the bus and then get back off a couple of hundred yards down the road. They could've easily walked, it's not as if Bus fare is cheap these days either.

If you have a bus pass, then why the eff not eh?

I'm talking about people who I've seen pay, and believe it or not just going down the road around here will cost you a few pounds. And even if you have a pass why not just walk the short distance for sake of not being lazy.

Paying is just crazy. But if I had a buss pass I would, they're not cheap so might as well make the most of it whilst the opportunity arises.
  • Like 1

Well done Sly.

Another one is people who get on the bus and then get back off a couple of hundred yards down the road. They could've easily walked, it's not as if Bus fare is cheap these days either.

I'm talking about people who I've seen pay, and believe it or not just going down the road around here will cost you a few pounds. And even if you have a pass why not just walk the short distance for sake of not being lazy.

why would you walk when you can get transport to take you a 200 metres.

i don't get it when people intentionally make life harder for themselves.

Well done Sly.

1. I don't want to pay

2. I hate waiting for the damn bus.

Well done Sly.

1. I don't want to pay

2. I hate waiting for the damn bus.

If you had a bus pass and the bus was already at the stop is acceptable

It's easier just to walk, the time they've spent waiting for the bus they could've been home or wherever they're going already. I'm not the only one to think it because i've been on buses where someone has payed for a journey then got off a couple of hundred yards down the road and all the passengers have audibly gasped. It's annoying too that it means the bus keeps stopping and starting.

Edited by useless

It's easier just to walk, the time they've spent waiting for the bus they could've been home or wherever they're going already. I'm not the only one to think it because i've been on buses where someone has payed for a journey then got off a couple of hundred yards down the road and all the passengers have audibly gasped. It's annoying too that it means the bus keeps stopping and starting.

If they are waiting a while for a bus, then fair enough that silly.

But on main routes, there are sometimes 4-5 different bus numbers going the same way for a short stretch, so you know that within a minute of getting to the bus-stop, a random bus will be there.

Not that i use buses, the last time i used a bus was when i was a student.

But when i was a student, i'm sure i used to just hop-on hop-off buses if a bus was nearby whilst i was near a bus-stop.  

they even used to have a special short-hop fare which let you go 2-3 stops max.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Missing the first home game of the season because I'm going to Final's day.

I'm in Budapest that weekend but i'd wanted to go to that as well .. was looking forward to watching  Surrey lift the trophy

Edited by tonyh29

And another thing: I went for two interviews recently, but they were spread out over three weeks, and then a week after that, I found out I'd got the job. Then there was another few days of faff until I could finally get hold of the HR person dealing with the role. I finally got to have a chat about salary and it was at this point that I found it I'd have to take a pay cut compared to my current role.

The HR woman said there was no room for negotiation, so I rejected the job.

They could have had this chat with me at the start and not wasted mine and their time. words removed.

• Like 1

When I was in Wolverhampton the Bus didn't give change, why not? plus I had to give the money to a robot thing and the driver was behind some sort of bullet proof glass thing. Wolverhampton isn't that dangerous is it.

Edit: It was the part about the bus not giving out change that I didn't like seems like a way of robbing people. On the whole I actually quite like catching the bus as long as their aren't too many people on it.

Edited by useless

And another thing: I went for two interviews recently, but they were spread out over three weeks, and then a week after that, I found out I'd got the job. Then there was another few days of faff until I could finally get hold of the HR person dealing with the role. I finally got to have a chat about salary and it was at this point that I found it I'd have to take a pay cut compared to my current role.

They could have had this chat with me at the start and not wasted mine and their time. words removed.

But surely bringing up salary is something you should always ask in an interview??

But surely bringing up salary is something you should always ask in an interview??

You should never talk about salary in a interview unless asked. But surely you should know the salary range of the job you are applying for?

When I was in Wolverhampton the Bus didn't give change, why not? plus I had to give the money to a robot thing and the driver was behind some sort of bullet proof glass thing. Wolverhampton isn't that dangerous is it.

Edit: It was the part about the bus not giving out change that I didn't like seems like a way of robbing people. On the whole I actually quite like catching the bus as long as their aren't too many people on it.

Where are you from mate? Every West Midlands travel bus is this way and has been for years.

You should never talk about salary in a interview unless asked. But surely you should know the salary range of the job you are applying for?

To be fair some companies don't, although you can often find that info out from their HR dept. or from someone who works there.

Where are you from mate? Every West Midlands travel bus is this way and has been for years.

Yeah, when I moved up north, I was gob smacked to see that not only did the bus driver give change, but you could pay for your ticket with a note! 

• Like 1

Nah i dont get that. Surely your interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you to see if you can see yourself working for them. Every interview ive ever had ive mentioned salary to confirm it is what I believe so im not wasting my time. I then try and negotiate on the 2nd interview.

Â